Re: Hammers and guns and Jim and Michael

Obviously I do have to sllloooowwwwww doooowwwwwnnnnnn eeevveennnnn mmmoooorrrreeee ffffoooooorrrrr yooooouuuuu.

That's the leftist's definition of an "assault weapon". It's functionally *IDENTICAL* to an unassault weapon but they don't like the *LOOK*. You really are a clueless moron.

Obviously you're an idiot.

with nothing better to do than bitch about a subject you know nothing about.

Obviously you're an idiot.

I doubt that would be enough time for anyone to explain anything to you. You are demonstrating how absolutely stupid you are, though.

Reply to
krw

bastard with nothing better to do than bitch about a subject you know nothing about.

I will grant you this, you are consistant about calling people "stupid" and "idiot" when you have nothing better to say.

later man ...

Reply to
jdc

dagmargoodboat

.

ure,

No, they've already said: the next step is requiring background checks to purchase ammunition, background checks for grandfathered arms, BGC for gifts and private xfers.

Defacto registration. They're making a list, and checking it thrice.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

weapons.

bastard with nothing better to do than bitch about a subject you know nothing about.

"idiot" when you have nothing better to say.

I say "you're an idiot" when *you* are an idiot. Spades and shovels.

I certainly hope not. Talking to the terminally stupid is depressing.

Reply to
krw

None of which would have made one whit of difference to the Sandy shooting they claim as motivation. She had no record, no mental history, nothing. Perfectly fine. It was the son who stole the weapons, killed her, and went on a shooting spree.

Reply to
flipper

If you want to, that is. There are may time proven methods. So far I've never had to draw a gun on anyone. I did stop an attack with a hot Weller soldering iron though. Missed the attacker by less than a half inch. Damn those puny 6' cords.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I see you're using one of the miniscule ISPs that Earthlink swallowed whole:

10yearsback.com 888mspring.com 888-mspring.com 888mspring.net 888-mspring.net abts.net abtsnet.net ahoskienc.com ahoskienc.net albemarlenet.com altamontespringshometowninternet.com a-o.com apex.net bakersfieldhometowninternet.com bakersfieldonline.net bakersfieldshometowninternet.com balista.com basichost.com berkscounty.net best-way-home.com biginflatablebag.com blink.us boone.net boulder-city.net boysandgirlsclubcc.org brevard.net brevard-homes.net buildmerchantsite.com burlingtonhometowninternet.com burlingtonshometowninternet.com cambria.net capeandislands.net capecod.net capecod2000.com capecod2000.org capecodlive.com capedesigngroup.com capenet.net carbondalehometowninternet.com carbondaleshometowninternet.com carson-city.net catgroup.com centralpa.net cheta.net cidco.com clublightspeed.com cmn.net coastalnet.com communinet.org comnetcom.net coocoocachoo.net coo-coo-ca-choo.net creswellnc.com csrlink.net ctlnet.com ctlnet.net currituckco.com cvn.net cyberia.com cyberia.net cybermania.net davesworld.net dave-world.net davidcreviston.com deathjester.com destinationos.com destro.org desupernet.com desupernet.net digital.net digitalexp.com digitalexp.net dog-facts.net doitnow.com dslaccess.net dstream.net early.com earthlink.biz earthlink.com earthlink.info earthlink.net earthlink.org earthlink.us earthlinkbiz.com earthlinkbiz.net earthlinkbizdsl.com earthlinkbiz-dsl.com earthlinkbizdsl.net earthlinkbiz-dsl.net earthlink-broadband.com earthlink-broadband.net earthlink-cable.com earthlink-cable.net earthlinkcontest.com earthlink-dsl.com earthlinkdsl.net earthlink-dsl.net earthlinkduranduran.com earthlinker.com earthlinkevents.com earthlinkeverywhere.com earthlinkeverywhere.net earthlinkeverywhere.us earthlinkgaming.biz earthlinkgaming.com earthlinkgaming.info earthlinkgaming.net earthlinkgaming.org earthlinkgaming.us earthlinkmall.net earthlinkmall.org earthlinkmarketingservices.com earthlinkminute.com earthlinknetwork.us earthlinknow.com earthlinknow.net earthlinkrocks.com earthlink-sales.com earthlink-satellite.com earthlink-satellite.net earthlink-services.com earthlink-services.net earthlinksprint.com earthlink-sprint.com earthlinksprint.net earthlink-sprint.net earthlinksprint.org earthlink-sprint.org earthlinku.com earthlinku.net earthlinku.org earthlinkultimategaming.biz earthlinkultimategaming.com earthlinkultimategaming.info earthlinkultimategaming.net earthlinkultimategaming.org earthlinkultimategaming.us earthlink-wireless.com earthlink-wireless.net easterlink.com easterlink.net easterlink.org econet.org edge.net eimg.net elizabethcitync.com elizabethcitync.net ephratahometowninternet.com ephratashometowninternet.com e-ratehelp.com ezonline.com ezonline.net fgi.net fortsmithhometowninternet.com fortsmithshometowninternet.com ftsmithhometowninternet.com ftsmithshometowninternet.com futureone.com galileoschildren.com galileoschildren.net galileoschildren.org gandiforpeace.com gate.net gatesco.com geemac.net get-linked.net get-linked.org gibralter.net globalconnection.net goearthlink.com goearthlink.net goldsboronc.net golf2000.org goodbrothersinternet.com gowebway.com grass-valley.net greenvillenc.com gretna.net gsu.com gulf.net harrisburg.net herka.com hickory.net highspeed101.com hit.net homenational.net hometowninternet.net hovpen.com iag.net ianet.net icx.net ilove-theworld.com inconnect.com indianapolishometowninternet.com indy.net indyhometowninternet.com indynet.com indyshometowninternet.com infionline.net info2000.net internetofamerica.com interserv.com intersrv.com ioa.com ioa.net ionet.net iopener.net ipa.net ispmodems.net jamesvillenc.com joinearthlink.biz joinearthlink.com joinearthlink.net journalusa.com jps.net kih.net kleanet.com knoxvillehometowninternet.com knoxvilleshometowninternet.com labornet.org lakeozarks.net lanminds.com latella.com ldd.net lddnet.com lebanoncounty.net lightspeed.net linkusnow.net losbanos.net mailstation.com marketprompt.com marthasvineyardusa.com mcn.net mdn.com merchanthost.com merrittislandhometowninternet.com merrittislandshometowninternet.com metrolink.net midwest.net millcomm.com mindspring.com mindspring.info mindspring.net mindspring.org mindspring.us missourian.com mobilespeed.com mobilespeed.net monkeywrangler.com morrobay.net movie.net mpinet.net mtneer.net mtz.net mvy2000.com mycidco.com myearthlinkeverywhere.com myearthlinkeverywhere.net mymailstation.com nantucket2000.com nantucketusa.com nat-spen.com neaccess.com neaccess.net nemonet.com netcom.com netcom.net netcomi.com netdaypa.org omnisky.com omnisky.info omnisky.net omnisky.org oneimage.com onemain.com orwellwasright.com orwellwasright.net orwellwasright.org overflowspinners.com palmnet.net paso-robles.net pawildernet.com peacenet.org penn.com penncom-pg.com personalstartpage.biz pipeline.com pipeline.net plymouthnc.com portsmouthhometowninternet.com portsmouthshometowninternet.com powerbank.net powerh.net psionworld.net quitaol.com radiks.net ramlink.net rconnect.com redrose.net ria.net rmi.com rmi.net rmii.com rmii.net rnet.com rockhotel.com rock-island.net ropernc.com sacramentohometowninternet.com sacramentoshometowninternet.com salamander.com sanluisobispohometowninternet.com sanluisobisposhometowninternet.com santa-barbara.net scamblocker.com scsupernet.com self-install.com self-install.net shelby.net shianet.org shopcapecod.net skyburger.com slohometowninternet.com sloshometowninternet.com slotown.net smartgadgets.com smartgizmos.com southwind.net spacecoasthometowninternet.com spacecoastshometowninternet.com spartanburg.net speedquality.org springfieldhometowninternet.com springfieldshometowninternet.com springmail.com springmail.net springmail.us springnews.com springnews.net springto.com springto.net springto.org sprynet.com startersite.com startersite.net straxmobile.com sunburyhometowninternet.com sunburyshometowninternet.com sunlink.net supernet.com surfree.com surfsouth.com surfsouth.net susquehannavalley.com susquehannavalley.net susqvalley.net teamemail.net techno-file.com techno-minute.com telepath.com teleport.com teleport.net thearena.com thearena.us theearthlinkmall.com theearthlinkmall.net theearthlinkmall.org thegrid.net thehostingstore.com theinternetacademy.net the-real-internet.com the-real-internet.net the-real-internet.org thetalentedmrripley.net theyarewatchingyou.net theyarewatchingyou.org tiac.net tir.com tir.net together.net totalaccess.us total-commerce.com total-commerce.net total-commerce.org totalwebsite.com totalwebsite.net travelin.com travisloveschelsea.com troubleshooting.net tryearthlink.com tryearthlink.net tsixroads.com twave.net unicom.net uplink.net usit.com usit.net usmo.com usmo.net vamsinath.com venomous.net vol.com volaris.com voy.net voyageronline.com voyageronline.net w1.com w1.net washingtonhometowninternet.com washingtonshometowninternet.com websitedandd.com webzone.net wichitahometowninternet.com wichitashometowninternet.com williamstonnc.com willowtree.com winfieldhometowninternet.com winfieldshometowninternet.com wirelessaccess.biz wolfenet.com womensnet.org wondersite.com wwwwagon.com yesinternet.com yorkchat.com yorkcounty.net yorkdirectory.com yorkmovies.com yourecompany.com your-e-company.com zebra.net zoomnet.net
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or days.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How dare you speak of the truth, you wanabe troll.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I really don't deserve that. I have merely lucked out and am enjoying the results of getting involved with 3D printers. I'm learning, is all. Most of the path had already been bushwhacked down by a lot of really good folks before me.

It only takes rather low technology items (nothing in what I have is expensive or difficult to come by) to make a 3D printer. What's interesting to me is just many different uses I've already discovered that have made a difference -- and I'm only just starting.

I mostly use the 3D printer for other things -- not ammo magazines. You know, project boxes and the like. Two days ago, our microwave's door opener broke. Turns out they use two plastic standoffs molded as a single unit as part of a faceplate. The standoffs have holes in them for another plastic part that sits between them and "flips" the latch when pressed. Since only one side actually presses against the latching mechanism of the door itself, that is the side put under regular tension and it eventually breaks. The other side, built just as well (or just as poorly) isn't under the same stress.. so it survives easily. They should have beefed up the stressed side differenly. Dumb, but there it is. So it broke. I used the 3D printer to print out a special piece I used to rebuild and reinforce that side and repaired the oven using that and CA glue, rather than go buy another oven.

I also used it to repair a broken electric window of a car. The unit uses an ABS plastic gear of sorts (not sure of the right technical term) around which a string of contained ABS beads are driven. A wire through those beeds was also broken. Replacement is offered only by buying the entire unit at $200 each, after waiting some time because it's not a common item.

Cost me about $2 in parts (aluminum crimps and some new braided wire at $1 each) and the rest was made in the 3D printer. Total repair cost is probably about $3-4.

Of course, there are the shockingly good ammo magazines you can also make. Takes about two hours to print something for

15 rounds. And I just sit by and watch, mostly. They work right out of the printer, though it helps to do just a tiny amount of clean up afterwards.

I'm increasingly surprised by just how many different uses I can find, though. Once you have the tool around, you realize how easy it is to fashion some unique part that when added to other common parts makes a result that does unusual things. It's opened up my imagination more and very much enhanced my life, already. And if the part doesn't do exactly what I wanted, I just sit down, edit a little, and reprint and try. Very easy to get something really nice.

I'm designing a custom controller for a 240VAC kitchen stove (30A). I am still exploring the sensor details, but right now am experimenting with a 40kHz distance sensor (under $2 shipped from China) and a keypad. Purpose is to make certain that it takes a code to enable the stove for use and that if the person using it walks away from the immediate vacinity, the stove automatically shuts off. (My daughter is autistic and we cannot trust her around it alone.) I've been having lots of fun designing pieces for it. The circuit boards literally snap into the ABS fixtures and I've designed fun locking mechanisms that work beautifully. I needed holes in different places -- no need for special tools... just include the holes into the design. Hole for micro USB connector? Easy. Holes for 40kHz emitter and receiver? Easy. Holes for DF13 connectors? Easy and perfect fit! Etc.

I live in an area that has a minimum 5 acre lot size, but many properties (like mine) are very much larger. I own a hillside that is mostly deep woods (approximates a national rainforest in appearance) and not close to law enforcement. I have a VERY well designed, long driveway with steep cliffs on both sides of it that rises 150' from above the entry road and winds around two hairpin curves with a 300' stretch of road about a 40' rising cliff directly below my house that overlooks the stretch. NO ONE can easily come up here without being fully observed over quite a stretch. Steel gate on tracks at the bottom.

Funny thing is that a few months ago a car stopped right at the bottom and a man in casual military dress was just staring up at my driveway. I happened to be coming down at the time and asked why he was just standing there.

He said, "There is no way anyone is going to be able to approach you on anything but the road because of the steep cliffs on either side. I was just admiring the defensible design of your home access."

In actual fact, our property was designed and built in 1970 by an MJ drug dealer (property later seized) who wanted to complicate the idea of a surprise raid by police and federal officers. The forest canopy is 80' to 100', close knit, and the hillside relatively difficult to traverse upwards towards the (very large) home, which overlooks the entire hillside. It really is an interesting design when you look at it that way.

But being where we are, in some cases it could be hours or even days before others could arrive to help. Luckily I have the kind of property and area where the family and I can keep in practice without going anywhere. (Without practice and drill regarding what each of us expects from another, we would expose each other to additional avoidable risks.)

All that said, I don't expect trouble and will do everything I can to avoid it. I'd rather run away from confrontation, if safe to do, than sit pat and duke it out protecting my turf. Things I can replace. Family I cannot. Cover is better than concealment. But not being there at all is even better than good cover.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

It all seems crazy to me. (similar to fears over nuclear energy.) Let's say that all the legislation reduces the number of 'wacko' killings by 50%. So there will be 20-50 fewer people per year killed by wacko's with guns. We'll never notice the change!

I'm much more worried about my kids being killed on the highway.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

ban on any weapons???

I'm not about to search this thread again for you. You don't know what you've written? You don't read your writing? I guess I can understand the latter.

Reply to
krw

Will we notice the increase in victims killed by illegal firearms or home invasions?

Perhaps we should have background checks before licensing cars and a limit of two cylinders. Nothing too ugly, either.

Reply to
krw

That generously presumes there's any impact at all but altering 'allowed' cosmetic features has no effect on the weapon's capabilities and it only takes a few seconds to drop a clip and slap in another.

Now, that might make a difference if you're storming a position with

20 like armed troops shooting back at you but not in a 'gun free zone' where the targets are children cornered in a room like fish in a barrel.

The left never needs data. 'Result' is simply 'known' by 'intent' so if you title a bill "Death Reduction Act" then it reduces deaths, period. It said so.

Reply to
flipper

nds.

nge

 Sure,

Of course. It's nothing to do with concern for people, the goal is disarming citizens progressively, by steps. The first step is to document who's armed, by hook, or crook.

BGC is a pretext that does that. Commanding doctors to asks their patients does that (it gets it into your electronic medical records, into the Obamacare data collection system).

The demand for records and documentation is ironic. Obama willfully lets in and refuses to check the papers of swarms of illegal alien murderers, yet has no problem demanding citizens' registration, papers, and documentation at every turn. [ICE deported 1,215 illegal alien *convicted murderers* last year, after their crimes. That's

*many*-fold the tiny number lost to "scary"-looking rifles.]

The damn president won't stop lying, propagandizing, calculatedly appealing to emotion--that prevents an honest, meaningful, realistic discussion. Yesterday he spooled out a reel of incredible statistical whoppers, completely and willfully misrepresenting every aspect of the problem, while hiding behind children. (E.g., he claimed 1.4 million transactions flagged by BGC as prevented transfers to "the wrong people," not mentioning that the vast, vast majority of those flagged are ultimately allowed to proceed after further checks.)

How can we the nation talk about things when he constantly spews untruths, strawmen, and diversions?

The long-term solution to the much wider problem of crime is *jobs*, allowing people to lift themselves out of poverty, ensuring a clear path up, clearing obstacles. Not handouts. Hope, but real hope. Not hype.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Yep. My last physical, the doc was asking "feeble" questions. When I responded with, "Want to take a math exam and compare abilities", he shut up.

Hey, Don't you understand... them folks be Democrat voters ;-)

We've become a nation of wimps, pansies and fairies... let it burn!

...Jim Thompson

any ban on any weapons???

You lying old "koot" --- the reality is that you've searched and searched but can't find a damn thing I said to support an "arms" ban.

So much for your credibility. Just "man-up" and admit you were wrong.

Answer one question with a "yes" or "no":

Is the legislation in NY a step toward tyranny?

Reply to
jdc

That's very well-stated. Not only is the total number of _people_ lost to rifles very small, the number lost to "scary-looking" supposed assault rifles[*] is a small fraction of that, and the fraction that are children is even less. We're fixing nothing.

We lose far more kids to swimming pools, plastic bags, teen drivers-- even babysitters.[**]

  • (which is what they mean by "assault," since those particular rifles are no different in functionality or design than non-"assault", only in styling)
** (I read in the FBI stats posted earlier that 39 kids died that year at the hand of their babysitters. That's way more than the average by "assault" rifles.)

I'm totally comfortable with my fellow citizens owning firearms. Good people are no danger, and even criminals don't shoot for no reason. If they use a gun (or a car) as part of a crime, the problem is the criminal behavior to start with, not the implements.

Of course we want people to be safe. Rendering good people defenseless at every turn doesn't help that a whit. And, around here anyway, it'll prevent lots of lives currently saved.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

any ban on any weapons???

can't find a damn thing I said to support an "arms" ban.

Idiot can't even spell. No, I have no interest in showing you what you said. If you can't remember what you said, you can look it up. Senility has its price.

So much for your credibility. Man up and say you lied.

Certainly. My opinion has nothing to do with whether or not you lied. Diversion noted.

Reply to
krw