Re: conservation of Euros

Oh, those are just provocations intended to stir up publics and divert their minds. Fake terrorist attacks, kids flying on weather balloons, antrax scare and other things that never happened.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

people

savings (that

indignities of the

left

embedded

Fair Tax)

power.

to pay

delay

price

US is

because

percent

iota

labor

miniscule.

and

that'll

Ever tried to sell a house here lately?

To make the point. Sure, about 55% of foreign cars sold here are built here:

However, one has to subtract from that several positions:

a. Many times the engines, transmissions and submodules are coming in via container ship, from overseas. So the labor in those is foreign labor.

b. A lot of US brand cars are no longer made in the US, engines come from Canada, and so on. All that needs to be subtracted.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

people

(that

of the

left

embedded

Tax)

pay

delay

price

is

iota

labor

Yes, I know. But most of the time it's not worth the hassle. I (and my clients) tend to just order the whole chebang of parts in one fell swoop, from one place, and be done with it. Saving five bucks on a prototype somehow does not justify spending engineering time on it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

people

savings (that

indignities of the

have left

embedded

Fair Tax)

power.

to pay

but I

a delay

price

US is

because

percent

iota

labor

miniscule.

and

that'll

or

wage,

delta

whatever,

You didn't see this coming? What has changed since Grayout Davis?

The value added tax will be the same on the imported car and the domestic car. It'll even the playing field more and making domestic production more profitable. THis argument is one *for* the "fair tax" (NOT the VAT).

Reply to
krw

There have been some that seem to have kept it together:

But it's very few, and some of them initially make promises like "only running for x terms" and once they got into business as usual chucked those promises. Because promises don't seem to mean much there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

people

savings (that

indignities of the

left

embedded

Fair Tax)

power.

to pay

delay

price

US is

because

percent

iota

labor

miniscule.

and

that'll

They are. My nephew has worked for Honda in Columbus OH for 20+ years.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

people

savings (that

indignities of the

it).

have left

embedded

Fair Tax)

power.

3rd-order

'profit' to pay

but I

a delay

price

US is

because

percent

one iota

labor

miniscule.

expensive and

that'll

or

wage,

delta

whatever,

same

It's kind of tough to live out of state while running a business :-)

Besides, we are quite firmly entrenched in community, church and volunteering out here. Especially my wife, if she left with me that would cause a lot of sadness in some assisted living places around here.

Now you changed the subject. This was about that there'd be a clean shift, exchanging income taxes of workers for a consumption tax, and that such would cause dropping prices accordingly. My point is that it is not revenue-neutral, not by a longshot, and in most cases would not drop prices accordingly. To John Q.Public a so-called "fair tax" and a VAT are the same thing, he simply has to pay 23% more for stuff and will be mighty miffed if he's a retiree.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

not.

No one in their right mind would call someone an engineer if they had never worked in that field. BTW, you are a very poor troll.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

not.

From what I'd heard, Jimmy Carter never finished the Nuclear engineer course because he had to resign his Naval Commission after six years, to return to his family farm to run the business. The only degree he had was in mathematics.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I haven't owned a foreign branded vehicle since 1984.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That was _exactly_ the cause. It was a joint GM/Toyota venture. Toyota refused to unionize.

I admit to a failing... I once owned an LTD ('77) :-) ...Jim Thompson

not.

His bios say that he received a Bachellor of Science at the Naval Academy. They don't say what sort of science. As far as a nuke engineer (from

"Carter completed an introductory course in nuclear reactor power at Union College starting in March 1953."

He did complete training as a diesel sub commander, but never served on a nuke. A hint of that is that he was discharged from the Navy in 1953 and bottle wasn't broken on the Nautilus' snout until 1954. So much for the yellow booties.

Reply to
krw

Now they are at it again:

I've heard rumors that they got a sweet special deal on equipment sales tax. Maybe they don't have to pay any. A deal which, of course, us little guys do not get :-(

That's the dad of the Crown Victoria, pretty good cars. AFAIK a lot of those were already built in Canada.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The Chinese bought more than 1,000,000 GM cars last year, so some folks are attracted by their design, value proposition, and quality control.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

They were trying to prop up USG Motors.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Tax people

savings (that

indignities of the

it).

have left

embedded

$0.23 Fair Tax)

power.

3rd-order

'profit' to pay

but I

there's a delay

in price

the US is

because

percent

one iota

the labor

miniscule.

expensive and

for

that'll

or

wage,

delta

whatever,

same

Businesses can be run from just about anywhere.

So it's not about selling your house. ;-)

No, in reality I was trying to bring it back to what it was, the fair tax. I'm not convinced about it and discussions help.

He won't pay income tax or employment (SS) tax and neither will the corporations paying him and selling him his stuff.

*That* is the component I'm not happy about. I don't see anyone addressing it, either.
Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Tax people

price.

savings (that

indignities of the

it).

have left

with embedded

$0.23 Fair Tax)

power.

3rd-order

'profit' to pay

but I

there's a delay

in price

the US is

because

percent

one iota

the labor

miniscule.

expensive and

for

that'll

4-pack or

wage,

delta

whatever,

same

other

car.

Most retirees already have houses, furniture, pots and pans, so won't pay a huge amount of sales tax. Basic survival stuff could be exempted. And a lot of retirees have taxable income, which taxes will go away.

No change is going to please everybody.

The nice thing about a sales tax is that you can elect to not buy stuff and not pay the tax.

John

not.

1953 was the year his dad died, and he left the US Navy, wasn't it?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

do not.

I think so. That's why he only completed the first course of the graduate Nuke-E program.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Tax people

price.

savings (that

indignities of the

it).

have left

with embedded

$0.23 Fair Tax)

power.

3rd-order

'profit' to pay

drop, but I

there's a delay

in price

the US is

because

percent

one iota

the labor

miniscule.

expensive and

for

that'll

4-pack or

wage,

delta

whatever,

same

other

here:

car.

A lot of people downsize their homes after they retire. That money (capital gains) is currently not taxed but will be under the "fair" tax.

Penalizing those who have played the game according to the rules is not "fair". It's no better than what Obummer is doing to business.

Not under the "Fair Tax". *Everything* is taxed, even homes. AIUI, only new houses have the tax charged, but the cost difference between new and old has to equalize.

Reply to
krw