Raspberry Pi first test by heise.de, in German, has some tips too:

Raspberry Pi first test by heise.de, in German, has some tips too:

Erste Schritte mit dem Raspberry Pi

Seems the 700 mA does indeed cause problems is over the USB spec.

Maybe run through google translation if you do not speak German? Article is too big to translate it here just like that, but mostly technical should be readable anyways?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Nice article. The part about the installation of VICE looks very much like my article about it:

He used exactly the same commands. Not nice that he didn't add a link to the wiki page.

BTW: if someone wants to use 1-wire, I2C or SPI devices, I've compiled a kernel for it and created a script, which updates the Debian installation:

The hardware part of the I2C driver was written by me and integrated into the Linux kernel I2C framework by Chris Boot:

Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
electronics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss
Reply to
Frank Buss