R.I.P.

Today is my father's birthday... he would have been 99, but only made it to 90 ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

In Memoriam... James Ralph Thompson October 12, 1918 - November 7, 2008

Condolences, Jim. Great that you had him 'til 90, though. Mine only made it to 70 (a year older than I am now!) :{)

Reply to
Tom Kupp

Thanks!

I'm a few months from 78. Mind still functioning well, but body is crapping out :-( Beat pancreatic cancer but the treatment did a number on my stomach and kidneys. Not sure I'll make 78 :-( ...Jim Thompson

                     In wine there is wisdom,
                    In beer there is freedom,
                   In water there is bacteria
                                               - Benjamin Franklin

Whoa, either that's a mistype, we hope, or a very short timeline indeed!

If so, Jim, it's time for you to write up a few of your secret-sauce items for posterity. And setup your website to outlast your body, so your spirit will live on!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

The radiation/chemo weakened my abdominal wall and I will need to undergo hernia surgery. My oncologist is concerned my heart may not be up to it :-(

I really have no secret sauce, I'm just good at envisioning circuit (and mathematical fit... as in Spice modeling) functions in my head. I've discussed this with my children, who all seem to be good at handling multiple languages, and we've concluded that "circuits" is just my language of choice ;-)

How to 'teach' that, I have no idea. Could Michelangelo 'teach' sculpting and painting by _writing_ it down?

That's already arranged. I will be posting more Spice models. ...Jim Thompson

Why is it that the most unproductive members of our society blame
the most productive members of our society for their failures?

I *expect* you to make triple figures, Jim. Stick around, 'cos those Commies wont kick their own butts. >:-}

Cursitor Doom

It's your doctor's duty to warn you about risks but that doesn't mean that it's hopeless. Has he discussed the possibility of laparoscopic surgery with you?

Cancer and its treatments take a terrible toll on body *and* mind. I know, because I've taken care of several cancer patients. There were times when it looked as if the surgery, radiation and chemotherapy would kill them. Depression often accompanies a weakened body and they were sometimes ready to give up but they usually bounced back. Those who died had the disadvantage of very late diagnoses and improper/inadequate treatments whereas, in the US, you have the best that medical science can offer.

I know several people who've survived cancer for 10, 20 and more years. There's this guy, the father of an old friend, who was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2007 when he was about the same age as you are now. Local doctors told him he wouldn't survive surgery. He went to a more specialized centre, had the operation plus radiation and chemo, and is doing well today.

And Jim, you've got to hang on to 2020 at the very least so that you can celebrate your birthday on the actual date. Throw a wingding of a party and those of us who cannot be there physically will join in at SED. :-)

Reply to
Pimpom

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'm not much for prayer, but Jim, I want you to stick around!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Thanks! I'll see my cardiologist just as soon as I get over next weeks stressful ordeal of dealing with my sister visiting with her worthless son and his brat children >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Why is it that the most unproductive members of our society blame
the most productive members of our society for their failures?

I'm not much either... but I _do_ appreciate the gesture. I'm areligious but yet do note the good effects. ...Jim Thompson

Why is it that the most unproductive members of our society blame
the most productive members of our society for their failures?

Don't you have a few guns that need cleaned & oiled? ;-)

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You have a lot of friends who believe in the power of prayer.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks, Michael! How are you doing with your health issues? ...Jim Thompson

Why is it that the most unproductive members of our society blame
the most productive members of our society for their failures?

I'll just leave them out on the coffee table >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Why is it that the most unproductive members of our society blame
the most productive members of our society for their failures?

Cursitor Doom hasn't noticed that there aren't any Communists around any more, though there are a few persisting criminal conspiracies that do claim to be Communist.

As for Jim "kicking their butts" he's even more confused about politics than Cursitor Doom (though less likely to come up with the latest conspiracy theory from the Daily Mail, obviously - Arizona publishes it's own sources of right-wing silliness).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Hey Jim, just for giggles look up L-Glutamine, it might help, lots of anecdotal stories, re, stomach and intestine wall repair. Here's a start >

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Interesting. I just ran it thru my drug interaction checker and it's non-conflicting, so I'll investigate further. Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

Why is it that the most unproductive members of our society blame
the most productive members of our society for their failures?

Note this as a possible side effect, If you are sensitive to MSG, you might also be sensitive to glutamine, because the body converts glutamine to glutamate. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

No changes. I still haven''t had the surgery on my eyelids, nor have I seen a Cardiologist. It is now scheduled for the end of January at a VA facility. Obama's 'Veteran's Choice' was just another of his health frauds.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.