Art of Electronics, signed copy, 6th printing, $69.

I've got two new copies of the our book, signed by Paul and me, up for sale on eBay, for $80 + $3.99 shipping (the list price is $120). These are 6th printing, see the eBay link for images and more detail.

Also see our website
and if you like, see the errata page,

I've sold 7 signed books this way in the last week, and these are the last two. I'm offering these books to s.e.d. readers for a discounted $69 each, plus $3.99 shipping. I love you guys! Payment to be by PayPal (although I think you can use a guest account), to my snipped-for-privacy@rowland.harvard.edu account. Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or my Harvard email address, committing to buy a book and I'll accept by return mail and send you the book after payment. Buy one before the horde of other eBay customers do! Happy reading!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

** POUNCE! **

I decided to grab a copy via eBay, at the eBay price... it's a stone bargain and I didn't want to miss the chance.

Very much looking forwards to this, Win! I've been holding off on buying one, waiting for a later printing, and this is clearly The Moment. It'll join my honored 2nd Edition copy on my reference shelf.

Reply to
Dave Platt

You paid $84 instead of the special s.e.d price of $73? Whoa, OK, thanks!!! Dave, I'll send you my only copy of a signed 9th printing copy. So there!! :-))

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I still have two signed copies of the 6th printing, for s.e.d. members only, at $69 + 3.99, as described.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Got one from eBay... yep, the order just confirmed. Thanks for the heads-up!

Reply to
whit3rd

I was going to ask what is up with selling the 6th printing when the 9th printing is out, but then I realized this is "printing" and not edition. Does errata get updated on newer printings or are they all the same until a new edition?

I think I'm going to take you up on your signed copy. I'll send you an email. I have put off getting this book for too long. :)

--

Rick C
Reply to

The 1st and 2nd printings were the same. Then the 3rd, 4th and 5th printings each successively had more things fixed. By this time most errors had been found. You can see the dates on our errata page when errors were fixed. Note, you can sort the errata list to your liking, then download a pdf file of that sort to print and keep in the book.

Our editor inserts these fixes, if he has them in time, before a new printing is ordered. But they do have to order printings whenever the inventory runs down.

I'm a bit confused right now about the 6th, and 7th (Kindle edition) printings. The 8th was the same as the 7th, but maybe the 9th (what I'm getting from my local Amazon warehouse now) has a few more fixes added. New errors have been coming in pretty slowly for the last 9 months. Most errors were fixed by the 5th printing.

OK, I'll save you a copy. I've ordered more copies from Amazon and will get / add Paul's signature, so as to send out 9th printings to y'all who respond here and by email to me. Then my two 6th-printing signed copies will go to random other eBay buyers. Unless you indicate you prefer to take one of the 6th printings to get a few days faster delivery.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

OK, I'll save you a copy. I've ordered more copies from Amazon and will get / add Paul's signature, so as to send out 9th printings to y'all who respond here and by email to me. Then my two 6th-printing signed copies will go to random other eBay buyers. Unless you indicate you prefer to take one of the 6th printings to get a few days faster delivery?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

Was wondering how there are so many used copies already on the market (Amazon) and for under $60.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

il.com ha scritto:

azon) and for under $60.

probably people that bought first/second printing and want to buy newer pri nting with errata fixed.

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

Probably lots of ee students got a copy and later decided to switch majors to something easier, like sociology.

lunatic fringe electronics

My copy has your sig but not Paul's. Is he mad at me or something?

Am I still on page 360 in the new printing?

lunatic fringe electronics

That's because I sent it to you directly, there was no signing party. You had broken your leg, remember? I figured you had captive down time.

Yes, of course. What are we going to do, remove your circuit, name and advice? What, was that all a giant errata? :-))

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Those are not used, they're 'new' counterfeit copies. I know because I've been buying them to check. Now I've got nearly a dozen of them. Sheesh!! There are four different counterfeit "printings", each with different massive flaws, horrible binding, bad printing, etc. The first three are printed in India; the latest one from Malaysia, is quite different and is really bad. The sellers label them used, damaged, etc., to deflect buyer complaints about the quality. But, hey, when you get a book with the pages stuck together, you know it hasn't ever been opened.

These sellers are doubly-illegal, because they claim to be honest high-quality Cambridge University Press printed books.

BTW, the counterfeits are all 1st printing copies.

As was the case for 20 years with the 2nd edition, there are very few true used copies of AoE offered for sale. In my purchases of dozens of under $70 books, I didn't get any actual used copies. I did get a few cheap honest copies, two marked down due to handling damage (box-cutter gouge, poor Amazon shipping, etc., and a two sellers importing them from England, getting savings from Brexit exchange rate and a lower CUP wholesale price in England. All four Amazon Prime 'other' sellers were honest, but two were selling 1st and 3rd printings.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I just fell down some stairs and died for a while. No big deal.

I was just confirming the page number, so I can brag accurately.

I love the transistor summary on p 501. That looks like it was a lot of work.

lunatic fringe electronics

Id' be interested in a signed 9th printing. I'll send an email later on.

Martin Riddle

All our editor's errata corrections are done carefully so as not to change any page number reference locations.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

OK, Martin, I've ordered a new pile from the publisher's warehouse (I expect them to be 9th or 10th printing) and will have another signing party with Paul. You should make your PayPal payment before I change my mind and raise the price. :-)

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I would like to get one too. Sending an email right now...

*  KSI@home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
*  Las Vegas   NV, USA   < >  Miracles require 24-hour notice.   *
Sergey Kubushyn

OK, very good Sergey.

--
 Thanks,