Putin puts nuclear forces on high alert

Too bad we left our donation to Belarus back there in Afghanistan.

Reply to
John S

Put < > brackets around the URL's - then they still work regardless of wrapping. For example,

David Brown

Whatever alert it was, it wasn't 'high alert'.

There's no evidence of any change to the Russian nuclear weapons alert status.

RL

Reply to
legg

What would you expect to see?

Reply to
Rick C

Perhaps the guy works for the DoD and can only tell as much.

But I just read on a Bulgarian site that the Russians have started drills with their nuclear submarines.

May be not the worst news, if this will make them easier to detect/locate/target.

I think an all out war is inevitable now unless someone manages to kill the psychopath in the Kremlin.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

You think what is happening in Ukraine is not all out war?

Putin is rattling the nuclear saber to indicate no other countries should send in troops or even think about an attack on Russia.

I don't see how anyone can prevent Russia from taking Ukraine. What they can do is make Russia pay dearly for it. But the cost to Ukrainians will be very dear as well. However, that is the case even if they simply let the Russians in peacefully. This is not new. We know how things go when Russia is in charge of your country.

Reply to
Rick C

A change. Any change. Parking lot occupancy. Reduced personnel leave. Traffic.

~Whatever was observed the last time an 'alert level' was raised.

RL

Reply to
legg

Ok, you have no idea. Got it. So how do you know nothing has been observed?

Reply to
Rick C

How has the United States responded to Putin so far?

There is no evidence that the Biden administration has reciprocated in any sense to Putin’s announcement that he was ordering his nuclear forces in a “special regime of combat duty” — perhaps in part because it was unclear what that means in practical terms.

Nor was there word from Washington of evidence that Putin had taken worrying steps such as loading nuclear weapons on all or a portion of Russia’s nuclear-capable air fleet or sending additional ballistic missile submarines to sea.

Mr. Kristensen of the Federation of American Scientists said the threats could be empty unless matched with evidence that nuclear weapons are being removed from storage and prepared for action.

“Unless we see that kind of thing,” Mr. Kristensen said, “it’s rhetoric — it’s madman brinkmanship.”

For many, Russia's announcement of a nuclear high alert stirred fears that the West could be drawn into direct conflict with Russia. But a senior U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the United States had yet to see any appreciable change in Russia’s nuclear posture.

Reply to
legg

What, as opposed to them drunk of Vodka and dancing the barynya?

Reply to
Flyguy

Translation: Trump, who made any number of people multimillionaires.

Reply to
Flyguy

Why did you post this link? The question was about how to tell if Russia has nuclear weapons on high alert. This article says nothing about that.

The US has indicated they have NOT responded in kind.

Yes, as Larkin is quick to point out, the world is full of fears.

Reply to
Rick C

Presumably every last one of them was related to him. Flyguy does like to label the operations he does on other people's text as translations when a rotation is the operation he has actually carried out.

Trump definitely isn't the kind of business man who creates valuable assets. Looking at his career he seems better at making assets less valuable than they were when he got them under his control. How much of that lost value he managed to siphon off for his own benefit is an open question - some of the losses allowed him to stop paying income tax in recent years.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Translation: Flyguy is right and I don't know WTF I am talking about.

Translation: Exactly the opposite is true, but I can't admit it.

Reply to
Flyguy

Flyguy does like his comforting delusions. He should have noticed by now that everybody sees them as delusions, but he does seem to have become remarkably senile recently.

Flyguy is brilliant at seeing what he whats to see in other's peoples text. It save him the trouble of reading what they have actually said - which is pretty much beyond him now, anyway

-- Bill Sloman, Sydney

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace told BBC News the UK had so far seen no change in the actual posture of Russia's nuclear weapons.

That will be watched closely, intelligence sources confirm.

Reply to
legg

I think I even spied a graft and asked about the graft

The answer said it just needs rest but they will put in a catheter so he doesn't because he is likely to tear it again

mk5000

With that fifth in just one clip My fans asking me bleek, you dissing squads? Ma I'm dissing everyone And everyone feel they involve--Memphis Bleek – They Will Never Play Me

Reply to
M Kfivethousand

Why isn't possible these illnesses and attacks have already occurred

He appears so infrequently these days Why wouldn't it be possible they have stuck him in dialysis 3 times per week now?

Or don’t know yet?

mk5000

They say there's nothing we can do Just stand back But while the government comforts you Says "Let's be patient"

- The Internet Lyrics Database

Reply to
M Kfivethousand

Thanks I will check it out

Taking a u turn back to the subject header referencing probable testosterone poisoning victim Putin

He must have put Russia on high nuclear alert because he made a huge mess of Chernobyl

all the past stories say how the place has been turned into lush undisturbed forests with wildlife, due to no presence of humans. all the plants and animals thrive here for decades, but the dumb russkies got radiation poisoning in less than a month

"Russian soldiers who seized the site of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster drove their armoured vehicles without radiation protection through a highly toxic zone called the "Red Forest", kicking up clouds of radioactive dust, workers at the site said."

Reply to
M Kfivethousand