RF frequency divider

Hi,

I need to take a 66Mhz square wave off a 50 ohm feed and divide its frequency down to somwhere below 20Mhz, so say by a factor of 4. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to purchase a frequency divider (say one 4, or two 2's) that will operate in this setting. Ideally it would be great to find a boxed up component that has SMA connectors, given my time constraints. I can't use a mixer in my setting given that I won't have a reference signal, so a divider is a must. I've tried mini-circuits and googled to the max so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Kevin

Reply to
kevin.powers03

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Kevin,

A 74HC74 will do the trick. Two D-type flip-flops with a maximum clock frequency of 76MHz. (According to Philips datasheet.)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

What amplitude signals are you working with? Do you need 50 ohms out as well?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

A little spendy, but ready to go:

What voltage level is the signal? If it's less than a few volts p-p, you'll need a little amplifier to get it up to logic levels, and that can get tricky.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Hi,

** You need an " ECL prescaler".

Beware - these may or may not produce a square wave output.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

This would be perfect if it was more around the $100 range. So in response to all the input again is 66Mhz 50 ohms, but for the output I just need to meet TTL specs for the high and low voltages, so an SMA box that has 50 ohm output like the above suggestion, but more streamlined and cheaper would be the best. But this may be too optimistic of a hope.......

Reply to
kevin.powers03
** BEWARE: Major Groper Alert !!!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhheeeeeerrrrrrrhhhhhhhh .......

** Hey, Big Kev the FUCKWIT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you EVEN have the slightest DAMN clue what VOLTAGE is ?????

** See my post re: "ECL prescaler" at all - Kev ????????

Or too damn busy WANKING yourself blind in public ????

** There is a very important distinction between "optimism" and a rabid case of "narcissism".

Shame you have no clue about that either - Big Kev.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

My friend as I stated before I don't want a chip. I was hoping someone might know of a vendor that sells sma boxed 50 ohm dividers that are in the $100 range that meet my 66Mhz spec. I'm sorry you haven't been layed of recent. Enjoy your time on the web today.

Reply to
kevin.powers03
** BEWARE: Major Groper Alert !!!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhheeeeeerrrrrrrhhhhhhhh .......

** Shame you are not up to eating fish either.
** Shame you never supplied us any FUCKING spec - you posturing CUNT.

GO TO HELL !!!!

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Especially if you have a 10mVpp level. Even the PRL-255CN requires 2V. Apparently you're either a newbie or sleepy as you don't seem to realize that 66MHz 50 Ohms says nothing about this signal level.

As an aside, this group is about *design*. So most members think in that direction when you ask a question. Eventually it's the way you'll have to go if you really need it and it's nowhere for sale.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

The 66Mhz 50Ohm signal is sufficiently large, ~5vpp (no dc bias), if i need to I can add an amp no problem. With that said I appreciate any ideas for where I might be able to find the frequency divider that I spoke of earlier. thanks again.

Reply to
kevin.powers03

The 66Mhz 50Ohm signal is sufficiently large, ~5vpp (no dc bias), if i need to I can add an amp no problem. With that said I appreciate any ideas for where I might be able to find the frequency divider that I spoke of earlier. thanks again.

Reply to
kevin.powers03

go

Try searching for a frequency counter prescaler. These used to be fairly common accessories for test equipment. bg

Reply to
bg

what power level can we expect on the line then? Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

with a signal like that, there's a bunch of people here could build you one for $100

it seems to me that all that's needed is to terminate the coax (unless this is intended as a tap) scale the voltage to something compatible with your favourite IC family and divide it by 4 with a

Reply to
jasen