Possible Resurection of Eudora

I know there are some Eudora users in this group. I was reading in the Eud ora group that the Computer History Museum has obtained the rights to Eudor a and there is a movement to start maintaining the Eudora code base once ag ain. The thread has a link to a survey to see how much interest there is i n this program. So if you want to see Eudora live again, you can check out the thread in this group and take the survey.

comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 11:12:06 AM UTC+10, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

udora group that the Computer History Museum has obtained the rights to Eud ora and there is a movement to start maintaining the Eudora code base once again. The thread has a link to a survey to see how much interest there is in this program. So if you want to see Eudora live again, you can check o ut the thread in this group and take the survey.

I used Eudora for many years, but switched to Mozilla Thunderbird a few yea rs ago.

The process was't entirely painless, but it eventually worked.

I have a nasty feeling that I ought to switch my Thunderbird files onto my SSD. They are bulky, and Thunderbird doesn't start up quickly.

If somebody starts supporting Eudora again, I might think about switching b ack.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yep. Let us hope for the best....

I fear someone will Micro$hitize it >:-}

I've been using Eudora seems like forever... currently at EP Pro v7.1.0.9 Paid. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie