Any good resource on VLIW?

Hi:

Are there any good resources/forums for VLIW esp suitable for a person with no acad beckground in comp arch? Google Groups or any other resource would be fine.....

Partho

[Comp.parallel moderator: Well, starting with a library, find and read the papers by Josh Fisher and his students and the work done by Multiflow, but with no acad. background, pick up and read the current edition of Hennessy and Patterson's computer architecture book FIRST. {Only use 1 space in Followup lines. Commas separate newsgroups.}

--enm ]

Reply to
Ben

Wikipedia?

Reply to
Andor

While Josh Fisher himself authored the main VLIW Wikipedia page, the Wikipedia staff notes:

At this time: "To meet Wikipedia's quality standards and make it more accessible to a general audience, this article may require cleanup. The introduction to this article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject matter. ..."

Reading it: I have to agree.

The link to Instruction Level Parallelism is a little better.

Reply to
Eugene Miya

A correction:

In article , Eugene Miya I wrote on July 5:

^^^^^^^^ This is incorrect on my part. My mistake. Sorry about that. The log for the page merely notes Josh's contribution/correction to a preexisting page.

In Josh's support, let me say that should you guys visit the Computer History Museum, ask if you can see his Multiflow Trace or ask that it be displayed. We no longer have it in the visible area of the collection. Traffic/interest determines how the exhibit area is steered.

Maybe one of you guys can work on it.

Reply to
Eugene Miya