PING: Phil Hobbs

Phil, What is this, how would you measure/simulate?

ENC ? equivalent noise charge ...Jim Thompson

All of those noise-equivalent things are defined as the amount of signal you need to get to a SNR of 1.0. I gather this is some sort of charge-dispensing gizmo?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yep. SSPM. How do I simulate that? In PSpice I can easily simulate input-referred voltage and current noise, "en" and "in". But how do I relate those sort of simulations to ENC? ...Jim Thompson

My usual method for that sort of thing is to use first principles (kTC noise and counting statistics) for the input, transient simulations to find out what the response is, and propagation-of-errors to calculate the result. But then I'm far from a SPICE expert.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

!#$%^ Just dawned how to get to ENC. Thanks for the push !-) ...Jim Thompson

So how do you do it?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

By the method you suggested, of course ;-) ...Jim Thompson