Ping: John Larkin

Take a look at my web site. At, say, the digital delay generators, or maybe the VME resistance simulator. Or something easier. Tell us how you'd design it.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Take a look at my web site. At, say, the digital delay generators, or maybe the VME resistance simulator. Or something easier. Tell us how you'd design it.

Did you ever get that startup powerup supply thing to work? Did your third try work? Or your fourth? Or did you give up?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

And give you rev A for free?

Why bother?

You're so sure that you're the be all and end all of everything, and
that NIH would be publicly rejected out of hand, even if superior,
would result in a pointless harangue while being privately
incorporated into your stuff.

You're a cheater, John.

You always have been and it seems you always will be.
Reply to
John Fields

You and Sloman and Thompson pull the same transparent dodge. You declare something to be trivial, and when you're challenged to suggest how you would do it yourself, you announce that it's too boring, or that I'd steal your brilliant ideas.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

that

--
And, no doubt you would, but it's not quite like that.

Since you won't divulge your paltry secrets and subject them to
criticism, all we can do is assume that you're not what you represent
yourself to be.
Reply to
John Fields

that

It would then follow that the stuff on my web site doesn't work and doesn't sell. Except they do.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

What have you ever been right about?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Representing yourself as _not_ being an asshole has very little to do
with whether your stuff works or not.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Plenty, but what we're talking about is your being wrong and being
beat up by not admitting it..

That's 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century'. Mel Blanc was the voice of Twiki.

Jon

This ng is about electronic design. You old hens avoid electronics so you can cluck and my-o-my about personalities. How can you stand to be such wusses?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Idiot. I design electronics that matters. You don't.

You should. You'd feel better, maybe even feel useful.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I've probably presented at least a hundred time more technical content
here than you have, so if anyone abuses this newsgroup, it's certainly
you, what with your neverending harangues, bragging about you and
yours, and flaming everyone who disagrees with you.

The real reason you don't like discussions about _your_ personality
disorders is because when they're presented in the proper light you
momentarily lose your blinders and are forced to face the fact that
you're a sick little freak.
Reply to
John Fields

[snip]

"sick little SHORT freak" >:-} Larkin has NEVER posted a VERIFIABLE circuit schematic. ...Jim Thompson

All smoke and mirrors just to keep from having to admit that you've
been wrong and had your ass handed to you more than once around here.
Reply to
John Fields

Yes. I know that, but not the line he quoted.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No its not - you get ripped on by the schoolyard bullies!

Reply to
Ian Field

I've posted links to PDFs of actual schematics of actual products. UNENCRYPTED!

How about that powerup startup thing? Did you ever come up with something that works? The first two that you posted didn't work.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I design tens of PCBs per year, and speculate about a lot more. Of course I'm wrong now and then. But the boards that get laid out and manufactured aren't wrong, bacause we chack tham carefully. I haven't had an unshippable first-etch PCB in years. I don't check ng posts carefully, because it's just a discussion group. The consequances of making a mistake here is zero. The advantage of speculation is that it's possible to learn stuff.

What are you working on lately?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Which isn't what the discussion is about, so even though it's
commendable that you're careful in your work environment, it's
irrelevant.

What we're talking about isn't so much the errors that you make here,
it's the extraordinary lengths you go to keep from having to admit to
them.

The example which is - and will probably be forever foremost in my
mind - was your claim that latching relays have infinite gain and,
when you were shown, incontrovertibly, over and over again that that
was impossible, danced around - it seems like for weeks -
unsuccessfully trying to extricate yourself from your fox paws.

A more recent example was your declaration that photons are massless,
a position which you wisely abandoned by deciding to STFU.
Reply to
John Fields