paper vs. metal and rubber

The inner CV joint was pulled apart by the tow truck loading. I don't think there is any other damage on it.

Good to know. I will duct tape it just in case.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

From brief internet research, CV joint grease is similar to M60 (with some moly). M77 (high moly) is for the spindle and gear.

Moly is for high temperature friction lubrication.

Some shops use cheap wheel bearing grease mixed with some M77 instead.

I can afford expensive ($20 per spindle) pure M77.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

Should I also put M77 on the ball joint?

I got a 20,000 pounds BJ pusher, but I need an adapter. I think I can use two 2" pipe caps and a nipple. Cut a hole (slightly less than 2") on one side to hold the BJ and a 3/4" indentation to hold the pusher. This will only work for the Leaf, since every car's got different BJ.

Reply to
Eddy Lee