Waiting hours, but not for charging.

My car's arm was bended a week ago. After street cleaning, dropping down the curb broke it. My right back wheel remain on the curb, occupying 10% of the side-walk.

I was ticketed for $108 and hour later, while looking for a shop. First estimate $300 part and $400 labor. Second estimate $200 labor with my part, but doing it a week later. Third estimate $240 mobile service the next day, but never showed, My brother will bring me tools to work on it today.

While waiting, there is a meter maid across the street. Good, a chance to vent my frustration on her.

I: Why am I being ticketed for being in an accident. S: I don't know. It's not my area here. I am just on-break. I: Now tell me your opinion why I should be ticketed. S: May I see the ticket I: Yes, here S: Someone complained of blocking the side-walk I: Who? What? Accident blocking 10% of the side-walk. Homeless camp block whole side-walk all the time. S: I don't know. Nothing I can do or tell you. I: I just want your opinion on it. S: I don't know. You can contest it. I: OK, give me ID of person who complained. S: I don't know. You have to contest it. I: I should have the right to confront my accuser. If blocking 10% of the side-walk is so important, we should discuss it in court. S: She closed her window. (ruined her break)

An hour later. Another meter maid ticketing other side of street. I repeat the same frustration on her.

Reply to
Ed Lee

torsdag den 27. juli 2023 kl. 21.33.40 UTC+2 skrev Ed Lee:

why are you bothering her? she can't do anything about it and her opinion doesn't change anything

How to contest the ticket it undoubtedly written on the ticket

unless your time is worth absolutely nothing, just pay the ticket

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I know. Just want to vent on meter maids. Taking it is part of their job.

Yes, i will write love letters to them.

Well, they could ticket me every 24 hours. I can still vent on the internet during the wait.

Reply to
Ed Lee

The electric power steeling of my electric vehicle is not working. So, it's not completely off-topic.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

I have no idea what he is trying to describe here. Does anyone else get it? Care to explain?

Very typical of Ed Lee. When his day does not go according to plan, ruin others' days as well.

Good job, Buck!

Reply to
Ricky

It is very clear that you are doing your best to be an asshole. It is not their job to put up with your shit. Keep doing it and eventually you will end up with a much bigger infraction.

At this point, I'm hoping they do ticket you some more.

Reply to
Ricky

OK, tell me why having an accident and end up having one back wheel on the side-walk is an infraction. Why law did I break?

Reply to
Eddy Lee

parking on the sidewalk?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Waiting for the street cleaning truck to pass. Everybody does that. It's a street next to the park.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

one the sidewalk, for several days?

and everyone does that is not going to work in court

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

No, for around half an hour.

People having been doing it forever. No signs and/or warning for not doing so. Prior precedent is silence approval.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

good luck with that argument

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Well, there are two different issues, whether we can wait for street cleaning (occupying 60% of side-walk) or occupying 10% for an hour after an accident. The ticket was given after an hour while I was looking for repair shop.

There are plenty of homeless camps and/or gatherings occupying half to all of the side-walk.

People use the parallel path 10' inside the park during street cleaning.

No sure if you can see the picture: http://108.213.66.240/fig2a.jpg

Reply to
Eddy Lee

How would anyone here know? As usual, you've told us virtually nothing of what happened.

But, it is very clear that you should not have left the car where it is. I'm surprised they didn't impound your car already.

With any luck, your leaf will be totaled. A huge burden will be lifted from the shoulders of the world.

Reply to
Ricky

Why should it be impounded? It's not blocking street traffic and/or pedestrian traffic, unless they zip-zag pass the light post and 5 construction signs behind my Leaf.

http://108.213.66.240/fig2a.jpg

Reply to
Eddy Lee

They impound illegally parked cars when left too long. I guess they would figure a piece of crap like this has been abandoned.

Reply to
Ricky

It's only been 2 days. I am there every day and certainly not abandoned. Yes, i try to annoy meter-maids just to let them know it's not abandoned.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

Yes, that's why it will be towed. You are your own best friend!

Reply to
Ricky

Easy way around that would be to get some people to help you lift the back end off the sidewalk. Should be able to bump it off. Obvious really...

Reply to
chrisq

AAA tow truck pulled it off the sidewalk. And the CV axle boot of course. Since the control arm is broken, there is nothing to hold the CV axle.

It was towed 50 miles to San Jose, where I replaced the control arm. I need to super-glue the CV boot, repack more grease, in order to drive it to Vegas. The new CV axle will be in Vegas.

They will fabricate a re-enforceing metal protector bracket screwed to the control arm. Hopefully, I won't have to tow and replace control arm again.

Reply to
Eddy Lee