Fish Paper

One more thing....

Anyone know an inexpensive source for low quantities of "fish paper"? In USA. I need it for a project to further isolate some 120 VAC from prodding fingers, etc.. If the project manages to survive a few internal reviews, it will go into production (eventually), but for now low quantities of "fish paper" will suffice.

Speaking of which, any experience (good, bad or otherwise) with using "fish paper" as part of a compliance strategy with UL-1310 and UL94-V0. Not overly-concerned with the UL94, but "killing two fish with one post". :)

Thanks!!

-mpm

BTW: I did not know it was even called fish paper until the other day. This is the waxed cardboard (sometimes plastic??) that is used as a protective barrier inside products that contain both high and low voltage sections. I need to wall off the 120 VAC portion from the rest of the product.

Reply to
mpm

The insulation sheeting that motor re-winders use would be far superior for durabilty and insulation.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Vulcanized hard fiber paper. McMaster has it, e.g. 10 thou 12x12 $5.48/ea.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

No idea about fish paper. How about GE varnish and cigarette paper? I'm not sure about GE varnish part number, but we use to us it to hold wires down on low temperature probes. Lakeshore cyro might have it.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

If the cover screws down, then you probably don't need it. But, Kapton tape may be best, or Nomex. Both are more expensive than the old fish paper.

Martin Riddle

$5.48/ea.

They have a reasonable assortment under "fishpaper" (commonly called according to them).

Thanks for the suggestion as I too was wondering where to find it!

John :-#)#

-- (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3 (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)

John Robertson