OT: Stupid Electronic Jokes I Made Up

A transistor walks into a bar and says to the bartender 'What sort of bar is this? There's no PNPs here.'

It took forever for my soldering pen to heat up. I was trying to fix the damaged power cord to my soldering pen.

I couldn't make a voltage source. It took too many parts. I needed a current source which needed a voltage source which needed a current source which needed a voltage source which needed a current source....

Washington DC uses AC like everywhere else.

I bought a breadboard and I can't figure out how the smt parts fit in.

They're not just shoes, they're ground isolators.

I have to simulate sounds such as pop, zzztt and poof when I use a circuit simulator.

AT first I thought Mouser was a magazine for cats.

Reply to
D from BC

I had a technical instructor who soldered two thermal fuses into fan one after another before he figured out why they were open circuit......

Reply to
Dennis

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise
[...]

Not quite as much of a joke as you think.:

When I first started an Electronics Workshop in a university department, the budget was so tight that I had to build a power supply from scrap parts before I could run the low-voltage soldering iron. I had to begin by joining the components with twised wires and choc-bloc connectors ...so that I could run the iron to solder the twisted wires.

The power supply stabilser was tested with a variable dummy load consisting of two aluminium plates in a bowl of salt water.

[I liked the rest of your jokes]
--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

On a sunny day (Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:39:30 +0800) it happened "Dennis" wrote in :

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

My Windows XP gives this instruction:

Windows can not open "Help and support" because a system service is not running To fix this problem , start the service named "Help and Support"

John Taylor

Reply to
John Taylor

he

I did that recently (yeah, I used a heat sink hemostat on the leads), but the repair failed after only 30 minutes of operation. Turned out the operating temperature was a bit too high for soft solder. 240=B0C rated. Also as it turns out that temperature was a bit low for the application (a panini press). Crimped the connections (improvise by cutting up some lugs) and it works okay.

Reply to
speff

That one is easy. Right click on your computer and select manage. Navigate to , . In the right hand panel scroll down to the service "Help and Support" Right click on it and select . If you right click on it and select check to make sure that it's startup type is set to automatic.

Reply to
JW

Where's the prewar non-electric soldering iron when you need it. I presume you can do the same trick with an electric one, though I've never tried.

NT

Reply to
NT

Perfect

Thank you

John

Reply to
John Taylor

I think you need to give it to a bakery

Reply to
halong

My pleasure. Although it always seems that help and support never has the answer for what I need.

Reply to
JW