OT: Snow

Right on time. NYC will be near 32f every night for the next 5 days. We should see a little snow within the next 2 weeks.

An no, Global Warming isn't the cause of this. This is a normal weather pattern.

Martin Riddle

I was comparing the Vermont ski areas to the California ones. The snow depth numbers are similar, but they use inches and we use feet.

John

We

Hey it's still snowing here in Buffalo, 3 feet and counting. (But only 6" in my back yard, :^(

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

LOL. Very good.

tm

Reply to
tm

You're the people who have doors at the 2nd floor level, aren't you?

It's a hard sell, AGW to a frozen-white world. They've stopped having their climate-panic conferences very far from the equator!

John

We

No, it hardly ever snow that much! But the lake effect snow early in the season can really dump mass quantities. I love strapping on the snow shoes and wading through waist high white landscapes. The ground still has to freeze though. Till then it's white on top and brown muck underneath. Not much good for anything. It would be 'best' if it was real cold first to freeze the ground and then it snowed. Otherswise the snow is just a big thick blanket keeping the ground warm.

Hmm, Let's not go there (AGW). I'm what Jim T. would call a liberal weenie... maybe a libertarian weenie (expect I find most libertarians to be a bit wacko.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Martin Riddle wrote: : An no, Global Warming isn't the cause of this. This is a normal : weather pattern.

We, too, have an exceptionally early snow and had exceptionally harsh first cold spell this side of the Atlantic. Still these stories might be local anecdotes only, temporally and/or spatially. Lucky us - I like skiing also.

These guys claim

the year 2010 will be among the warmest ones in the record, but we'll see, there's still one month to go. They say Greenland, arctic Canada, northern Africa and south Asia have been paricularly warm. The claim of a cold summer in the north Europe strikes me as odd, however - I thing we did a lot of swimming and enjoying the sun this summer.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Okkim Atnarivik

As a Libertarian, I'd like to believe that most of us are astute enough not to fall for the warmingist crap.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise