Snow

Early Snow

Lot's of it ;)

Martin Riddle

Yeah I'm ~20 miles SE (Java Center) of the Buffalo and we only got 1/2 a foot, the kids went to school yesterday. I would have liked 5' in my back yard, but not on my drive way :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Wish we had some of that:

 Click to see the full signature

Darn windstorm blew a fair proportion of the carefully piled leaves around before the city could suck them up, but only about 1/2" here (maybe 1.5 hour drive north-west of Western NY epicenter).

No snow day for the kids. Glad you're not buried, George.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Buffalo is "blessed" by the lake (Chicago to a different extent... different lake!)

Yeah, getting cold here, too! 75F today...

Reply to
Don Y

foot, the kids went to school yesterday. I would have liked 5' in my back yard, but not on my drive way :^)

Well the kids are off today. (~1/3 of their teacher's couldn't make it in yesterday.) I'm home (reading about wire bonding.) there's no snow where I work in North Buffalo, and clear here, but in between the roads are closed with a driving ban. Lake effect is weird that way. I guess it's the same at the eastern end of lake Ontario, (Watertown) Only worse (or better) in that Ontario doesn't freeze over, and keeps on giving all winter. I would have liked to have the 5' here. As long as you can guarantee that it will stay all winter and not melt in a week. (I have to plow it once, but I can play on it many times!) There is no quiet, like the woods with several fe et of new snow.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

73F here today, but night-time has been down to mid-30's... had to turn on the heat for the wife yesterday... unusually cold for Arizona this time of year. ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

My aunt posted a slogan on her Facebook page, against a picture of a parking lot in a blizzard: "Buffalo: come for the culture, stay because you can't find your damn car!"

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Who needs snow... these damn parking lots have become so huge with convoluted markings that I have resorted to tagging my parking location on my GPS before I enter a mall. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Nah, it's because you're a geezer.

:)

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Is turning 3/4 C a "Geezer"? I can still out Analog most anyone here. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature