OT: Play regular MPEG on a DVD Player?

In article , To-Email- snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com says...>

gas

buy

at

Oregon

I did that one night into Wilkes Barre PA, except that it was the fan belt that let go. The good news was that it was -10F. The bad news was that it was -10F at 4:00AM.

Reply to
krw

[snip]

Only time I ever threw a belt was westbound from Austin, TX, heading to Phoenix, after dropping daughter #2 off at Baylor in Waco... in my '83 280ZX... A/C belt... made a helluva noise and dented the splash-guard :-( but didn't sever the oil cooler tubes ;-)

Found a parts house in Fredericksburg, TX, with the right belt sizes... bought a complete set of belts, dropped the car off at a gas station (they did repairs in those days), then went and had a marvelous meal at a German restaurant ;-)

Fredericksburg, TX, was settled by German immigrants, and has many German restaurants and antique and hand-made furniture places... nice place to stop.

...Jim Thompson

And the guys at the gas station didn't say "Ve could haff told ya dat dis wud happen wid a Japanees cah"?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Texans are red necks, _irrespective_ of ancestry ;-)

...Jim Thompson

That's what some Germans say of me, too ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

(student

go

Kind of like the DARPA desert challenge. Producing more qualifying designs in two years that is typically achieved in ten years the usual way.

Reply to
JosephKK

Yeah, that 'just software' can drive you bananas! I am presently trying to do a couple of 'simple' things on a Pic, and can't get anything to work. I so prefer hardware!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

That is most of the show. There is a bit more, the system describes the decoder behavior in excruciating detail. Encoders though are required to produce output streams that are correctly decoded, and other than that, can be arbitrarily complex. Thus specialty encoders that reproduce a more accurate signal on the standard decoder are very expensive. BTW both JPEG images and MPEG video is specified similarly.

Reply to
JosephKK

I had changed the alternator the night before we were leaving for the mid west for Christmas and evidently I overtightened the belt. As I usually do, I left all the tools in the trunk (sockets still on drives) so all I had to do was find a all-night gas station that also did repairs. I bought a belt and changed it myself by the pumps. Didn't help the cold though.

Wilkes Barre, PA. has none of that. In fact, it has *nothing*.

--
  Keith
Reply to

[snip]

I find that, if I leave a full tool set in the trunk, they're never needed ;-)

Likewise, as long as you have your spare inflated, you never get a flat tire ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Look at the bright side: If you forget the WDT or something and it runs into the wall there is no smoke and you don't need to swap out a fried

48-TQFP.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Good point! but it just drives me nuts when I am trying to step through the program, and it just suddenly jumps back to the beginning. I don't know if there is a WDT that is getting triggered, or some other fault in there... :-(

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Or, as has happened, after three weeks of pulling your hair out the manufacturer pops an errata sheet along the lines of "Whoops, sorry 'bout that".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The

into

Oh, I had that a few years back working on a small Moto MCU. I had one pin that I was using to activate a relay, and it never worked. Finally, after about a week of head-wall-bashing, I contacted Moto and they said "Well, did you look in the Errata?" Seems that pin only worked as input only. Swapped a couple of pins around, and I was fine.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.