lite-on dvd player problem

my lite-on dvd player ltc 48161h will play cds but not dvd's and will not read a dvd disc.

also posted at:

Boba

I ran into that on a Samsung and an NEC. My issue was resolved by going to the respective websites and downloading the latest or updated drivers. You'll need to go into Control Panel/Device mgr to see if it's drive 0(master) or drive 1(slave) before installing. If that doesn't resolve it, optic may just be filmy or the unit may just be defective.

Tech Data