VGA output on DVD Player.

I plugged in a vga monitor on to a bose dv 360 player and found the output scrambled|unwatchable.

Are there differences in VGA on DVD players to that of PCs ?

Reply to
(?)

A Bose piece of equipment. Explains it all. LOL

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Alan Rutlidge"

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

under the video out settings check for "progressive scan output" or RGB mode . some units also have a physical switch to set the out put from CVBS (composite) YUV (component) or VGA (RGBHV)

Reply to
matt2-amstereo

And it sounded as good as it looked ! OK, maybe marginally better....

geoff

Reply to
geoff

I did try another monitor which had the same problem.

YOur suggestion is probably the solution, however I dont have the remote to access video output settings . If i can locate a remote for the unit I will try it out.

Thanks

Reply to
(?)

Hz

You may be interested to know I didnt pay for the bose dvd. I came accross it because its power supply had blown, and I managed to relace it with one out of my junk box .

I assumed the output was auto sensing!? and would produce the appropriate signal if you plugged in a VGA monitor.

This is apparently not the case.

Reply to
(?)

Dear customer, I couldn't fix your DVD player so you'll have to purchase a new one. If you're not using the old remote can I have it? :-)))

Thanks

Reply to
Michael C