OT simple, easy, excellent microphone windscreen

I have a microphone outside in the wind right now (partly for listening to the wild animals in the area and giving my indoor cats some listening pleasure). Been using a mic outside like that for many years. The last few years I tried putting a circle of packaging tape around the mic element, like a cup. The packaging tape is made into a tube 1 or 2 inches in diameter, then it is put down over the mic, and sealed to the device at the base with more tape. The mic faces outwards, down inside of the packaging tape cup about 1 inch from the rim. There might be other easy ways to windproof a microphone, but that one is a surprise, considering there is nothing but air between the mic and straight outside (besides the ultra thin cloth covering over the mic element). No more microphone wind noise.

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/