OT: No chinese caught doping?

Chinese sure are winning a lot of gold! Yet everyone else seems to be caught

I wonder if china has developed some new genetic method?

Its supprising that they are taking so many gold in weightlifting...

"In last year's world championships, Chinese women won five of seven weight classes, and got silver in the other two."

I guess theres just not any other race in the world that an compete with china's muscular frame?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

it's hardly about race... the USA gymnastics team that took the bronze against all odds consisted of people of indian (raj) , chineese (kevin) and russian (sasha) genes .... i think it's got to do more with the coach and the chinese obsession with winning gold on their home turf which has lead to disproportionately large resources being pumped into their athletes (pun unintended)

Reply to
Stratocaster

It is about race to some degree... Chinese are not genetically gifted when it comes to muscle. Now you might say that there is a very small chance that a chinese could be superstrong and that is of course possible... But to pretend that race has nothing to do with it is ignorant and naive. (again, maybe taking the top few might even things out a bit)

Now maybe your right in the "resources"... which is my point. But the question is what kind of resources. Doping is a huge issue because it's also required to be at the top. (which is the whole point of this post)

Again, people who think that doping isn't widespread or used at the top level are ignorant and naive. My point mainly is how far is china going with this to win?

I believe that chances are they are getting involved with genetic engineering which could have some drastic consequences. The thing is that it's virtually undetectable and china as no hesitation to use it. We see them using it in a lot of things(even cloning for profit as well as genetic alterations for aesthetics).

Genetics are very important though because we can see people who train there entire life many times harder than someone that trains for a few years yet they cannot overcome them. I know of several personal cases for this and even have an asian friend who trains like mad(so much as doing situps and pushups while waiting for the bus and running everywhere he goes) yet he simply cannot overcome the strength of the average american fit american who weightlifts for a few months. Although the guy is pretty strong and a very fast runner he has pretty much maxed out what he can do on his own... and I'd wager that he trains just as hard if not harder than any olympic athelete. (so much so that he's obsessed with it and even trains at work... although not as much as he did in college)

What he doesn't do though is pump drugs into his system and even refuses to take any normal drugs(asprin, anti-biotics, etc..).

Of course this is just one case but basically points out the limit of genes. Although I have to admit that people tend to under estimate what they can do.

But would anyone not be suprised, if say, china won all the top events and also placed in most of them? Well, their about as close as one can get.

Even with known dopers they still get beat by chinese and I'd wager that you cannot beat a doper if they train on a similar basis and I'd like to hope that the rest of the world isn't so far behind in training as to make them loose in such a way.

Of course obsession can be the reason but then I wonder why it didn't work all that well for my friend. (not that he didn't benefit as he's in great shape... but obsession alone doesn't work... and genetics is a large part... unless you can somehow "bypass" them)

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Did he have unlimited high-quality food available every day of his childhood? I didn't think so...

The Japanese who've adopted a western diet are growing 5" taller than their parents did.

A friend's father was multiple times world weightlifting champion, and is about 5"4. His two sons are 6'2" and 6'5". That's the difference when you grow up on a high-protein diet, vs in Hungary during a war.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Whatever genetic offset there is in the distribution curve of muscularity might be swamped by having a base of 1.3e9 individuals to choose from. On the other hand, government sponsored doping in totalitarian countries fearful of embarrassment isn't new. From what I've heard on the news, the government of China has been ruthless in clearing the way for the Olympic games, so why not doping too?

--
John
Reply to

"Jon Slaughter" wrote in news:EDrok.10101$L snipped-for-privacy@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com:

Doping? Western humbug! Haven't you heard of powdered rhino horn, various rare mushrooms, bear gall-bladders, shark-fin soup, dog-penis wine, and so on? *Those* are miracle substances- far superior to Western cehmicals!

=:-p

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Stratocaster wrote in news:0d14161e-55e5-479b-af34- snipped-for-privacy@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

"Win, or become organ donor..." ;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Re-education through labor" is what they do to their political dissidents.

...Jim Thompson

      Diplomacy:  Kissing ass when we should be kicking ass.

Now, all we have to do is convince Bill to move to China...

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

The crazy, and the insane.

Michael A. Terrell

Well, 2 billion compared to the rest of the world is pretty close but still... even if it we just compare them with america it shouldn't be that big of a difference. Specially when at least 70% of those are malnurished. I think your second statement probably nails it though.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Hehe! Thats it! And the doping committe doesn't test for those!

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

At about the time of 8/13/2008 12:41 PM, Kris Krieger stated the following:

dog-penis wine?

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
Decode email address using b64decode or uudecode -m
Reply to
Daniel Rudy