Chinese Electronic Parts

=_NextPart_000_00E7_01D3DEE8.56E762E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I been using Chinese parts and the prices are crazy. Try; =

and you will be amazed. You must use their BOM tool = and part numbers. I dumped my BOM in and it stated some quantities were = too small so I changed to 100 Q and the cost

Reply to
Harry D

The price breaks for most of the couple of random analog ICs I looked at wasn't significantly better than Mouser in quantities > 100 and some were significantly worse in fact.

Reply to
bitrex

And you don't know what junk you'll get.

According to one Chinese lady that we know, cheating is sort of a sport in their culture.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

m/ and you will be amazed.

tated

ed

I looked up a couple of IC part numbers and found nothing. I tried browsin g their wireless modules and found a bunch of units with no title, no descr iption, Chinese manufacturers and data sheets in Chinese. If I don't even know what the modules do, why would I bother with any of this?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

And you don't know what junk you'll get.

According to one Chinese lady that we know, cheating is sort of a sport in their culture.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Harry D

No real Patriots fan from Boston would ever make a statement like "Being from Boston and a Patriot fan, I do enjoy cheating." That's the kind of thing an Eagles fan would say.

Reply to
bitrex

"Being from Boston and a Patriot fan"

They're called the Patriots btw. With an "s." It's cool though there's a Canton in both Massachusetts and China as well

Reply to
bitrex

These high voltage flyback modules seem pretty nice for the price, I think I ordered two from Shenzen but they sent me four for $20.

I still have to get around to testing the ripple performance at full load tho I don't have any 50 watt resistors in stock at the moment.

Reply to
bitrex

I was buying off thaishine on ebay, last order 7805 1.5A regulators crapped out at 400ma. Wasted a lot of time fault finding until I realized regulators were junk. Won't be buying again.

Reply to
JC

lectronic-parts

If you are still in the period when you can open a dispute, do so. I find eBay vendors are loath to get a negative review. You ask for a return and they just send you the money if it isn't too much. I had a $50 boat tarp r efunded when it faded and ripped after just a month on the boat. They even said it had a UV coating. BS! I complained one of my laptops ran hot and they offered a $60 partial refund which I haven't accepted yet. I still n eed to open it up and see if it is full of crud.

There is a lot of junk on eBay, but when you get some of it, it is not too hard to get your money back. The time and effort are just gone I'm afraid.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

ll

OM

ctronic-parts

It's a problem but I do suspect their figures and maybe creative definition s of counterfeit. Reality is most reused scrap is fine. It's the same stuff that came from OEMs the first time after all.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

electronic-parts

This part amazes me: "Under Section 818, contractors who know or ?have reason to suspect? that they have received counterfeit electronic parts are required within 60 days to report to the appropriate government authority, the Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP). "

60 days?? Seems very sloppy!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

If it's nothing critical, just use a 55W auto headlamp bulb; damn sight cheaper.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Been there, done that. There seems to be a particular thing with fake voltage regulators for some reason. I got bitten buying some from some supposedly reputable seller on Ebay for the first and last time a few years ago. No more ebay parts for me!

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yeah that'll work. I wouldn't buy any resistors from this shop though the OP doesn't list precisely what he "bought" for what price. Also it's probably the store owner "I'm a Patriot fan" lol sure pal.

My guess at the hustle is that if you do the math you "save" on small quantities of parts but then they charge you $25 for shipping, but they have a bulk rate contract and are skimming from the shipping fees. Probably doesn't beat Mouser by any great deal I can have a hundred parts from them to my mailbox in under three days for about $6.

Reply to
bitrex

Not entirely wise advice. Tungsten filaments have a higher resistance after they get hot.

says that running resistance is a factor of 14 higher than the cold resista nce. The thermal time constant of the filament is of the order of 10msec, s o it doesn't usually matter - the filament is up to its running temperature before even a quick-blow fuse can blow - but some electronic components c an blow faster than even a quick-blow fuse.

Not the kind Cursitor Doom used back when he did electronics, of course. Va lves are rather more robust than transistors and integrated circuits.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

=_NextPart_000_000E_01D3DF9E.6D1A18D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Reply to
Harry D

I needed a pile of HX711 chips for my bee-hive monitor project. Awesome strain-gage converter: PGA + 24-bit delta-sigma. Costs a small fraction of a buck. After ordering some from an Alibaba seller, I felt better ordering a 2nd pile from LCSC. A bit more $$, 50-cents each. We'll see how it goes with DHL shipping. No US sources.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

For $AU9.95 I bought a digital bathroom scale with four separate strain gauges (though only 3 wires run to each). The small PCB uses a single COB chip that also drives the LCD. It's curiously good for such a cheap device. Anyone know why?

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Cheap junk parts being advertised by a SPAMMER.....

Reply to
Jerome Tews