Chinese Electronic Parts

I been using Chinese parts and the prices are crazy. Try; =
https://lcsc.com/ and you will be amazed. You must use their BOM tool =
and part numbers. I dumped my BOM in and it stated some quantities were =
too small so I changed to 100 Q and the cost <1.00 USD. Ok, some ICs =
cost are higher than DK.
Shipping is the only gotcha, <$10 > 3 weeks but DHL will deliver < week =
for $30. I ordered a ton of parts for $25 +$25 shipping and considered =
myself lucky.
Cheers to SED.  Harry

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

The price breaks for most of the couple of random analog ICs I looked at
wasn't significantly better than Mouser in quantities > 100 and some
were significantly worse in fact.

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

And you don't know what junk you'll get.

According to one Chinese lady that we know, cheating is sort of a
sport in their culture.

http://www.industryweek.com/procurement/ticking-time-bomb-counterfeit-electronic-parts

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

And you don't know what junk you'll get.

According to one Chinese lady that we know, cheating is sort of a
sport in their culture.

http://www.industryweek.com/procurement/ticking-time-bomb-counterfeit-electronic-parts

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts
On 04/28/2018 05:58 PM, Harry D wrote:

<snip>

No real Patriots fan from Boston would ever make a statement like "Being
from Boston and a Patriot fan, I do enjoy cheating." That's the kind of
thing an Eagles fan would say.

<
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/6c/6cd9b2483fffd551dcbe4047f8b21a5499e2e11d511abcb166381fe2d6539a68.jpg

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts
On 04/28/2018 05:58 PM, Harry D wrote:

"Being from Boston and a Patriot fan"

They're called the Patriots btw. With an "s." It's cool though there's a
Canton in both Massachusetts and China as well

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

These high voltage flyback modules seem pretty nice for the price, I
think I ordered two from Shenzen but they sent me four for $20.

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vq5afom7i6pwqk/2018-4-16%2015-10-56.jpg?dl=0

I still have to get around to testing the ripple performance at full
load tho I don't have any 50 watt resistors in stock at the moment.

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

If it's nothing critical, just use a 55W auto headlamp bulb; damn sight
cheaper.

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

Yeah that'll work. I wouldn't buy any resistors from this shop though
the OP doesn't list precisely what he "bought" for what price. Also it's
probably the store owner "I'm a Patriot fan" lol sure pal.

My guess at the hustle is that if you do the math you "save" on small
quantities of parts but then they charge you $25 for shipping, but they
have a bulk rate contract and are skimming from the shipping fees.
Probably doesn't beat Mouser by any great deal I can have a hundred
parts from them to my mailbox in under three days for about $6.

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

Not entirely wise advice. Tungsten filaments have a higher resistance after
 they get hot.

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Documents/IN%20Starting.htm

says that running resistance is a factor of 14 higher than the cold resista
nce. The thermal time constant of the filament is of the order of 10msec, s
o it doesn't usually matter - the filament is up to its running temperature
  before even a quick-blow fuse can blow - but some electronic components c
an blow faster than even a quick-blow fuse.

Not the kind Cursitor Doom used back when he did electronics, of course. Va
lves are rather more robust than transistors and integrated circuits.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

I was buying off thaishine on ebay, last order 7805 1.5A regulators
crapped out at 400ma. Wasted a lot of time fault finding until I
realized regulators were junk. Won't be buying again.

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts
lectronic-parts

If you are still in the period when you can open a dispute, do so.  I find
eBay vendors are loath to get a negative review.  You ask for a return and
they just send you the money if it isn't too much.  I had a $50 boat tarp r
efunded when it faded and ripped after just a month on the boat.  They even
 said it had a UV coating.  BS!  I complained one of my laptops ran hot and
 they offered a $60 partial refund which I haven't accepted yet.  I still n
eed to open it up and see if it is full of crud.

There is a lot of junk on eBay, but when you get some of it, it is not too
hard to get your money back.  The time and effort are just gone I'm afraid.

Rick C.

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

Been there, done that. There seems to be a particular thing with fake
voltage regulators for some reason. I got bitten buying some from some
supposedly reputable seller on Ebay for the first and last time a few
years ago. No more ebay parts for me!

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

ll
OM

ctronic-parts

It's a problem but I do suspect their figures and maybe creative definition
s of counterfeit. Reality is most reused scrap is fine. It's the same stuff
 that came from OEMs the first time after all.

NT

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

electronic-parts

This part amazes me: "Under Section 818, contractors who know or ?have
reason to suspect? that they have received counterfeit electronic parts
are required within 60 days to report to the appropriate government
authority, the Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP). "

60 days?? Seems very sloppy!

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts
m/ and you will be amazed.
tated
SD.
ed

I looked up a couple of IC part numbers and found nothing.  I tried browsin
g their wireless modules and found a bunch of units with no title, no descr
iption, Chinese manufacturers and data sheets in Chinese.  If I don't even
know what the modules do, why would I bother with any of this?

Rick C.

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

I been using Chinese parts and the prices are crazy. Try; =
https://lcsc.com/ and you will be amazed. You must use their BOM tool =
and part numbers. I dumped my BOM in and it stated some quantities were =
too small so I changed to 100 Q and the cost <1.00 USD. Ok, some ICs =
cost are higher than DK.
Shipping is the only gotcha, <$10 > 3 weeks but DHL will deliver < week =
for $30. I ordered a ton of parts for $25 +$25 shipping and considered =
myself lucky.
Cheers to SED.  Harry

Tanner Tech baby....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v3D%LnNBfoDcaSk

Ok, maybe not all parts but passives for sure for they are commodities.20%

Cheers, Harry

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts
Harry D wrote...

 I needed a pile of HX711 chips for my bee-hive
 monitor project.  Awesome strain-gage converter:
 PGA + 24-bit delta-sigma.  Costs a small fraction
 of  a buck.  After ordering some from an Alibaba
 seller, I felt better ordering a 2nd pile from
 LCSC.  A bit more $$, 50-cents each.  We'll see
 how it goes with DHL shipping.  No US sources.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

For $AU9.95 I bought a digital bathroom scale with
four separate strain gauges (though only 3 wires
run to each). The small PCB uses a single COB chip
that also drives the LCD. It's curiously good for
such a cheap device. Anyone know why?

Clifford Heath.

Re: Chinese Electronic Parts

I have one of those too and have bought several for friends and
relatives.

I have several other Chinese-made scales. One is a kitchen scale
that weighs up to 10kg with a resolution of 1 gm and a jeweler's
scale that goes up to 200 gm with a resolution of 0.01gm. I also
have three different luggage scales with a maximum load of 50kg.
I've been using all of them regularly for many years now.

Site Timeline