Chinese text

Any Chinese readers here?

Can anyone tell me what the Chinese text says here?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6w7jc6gwo4exaa/sku151211-1-.jpg?dl=0

BTW, it's a solder mask compound.

Sylvia.

Re: Chinese text

Try painting it in google translate
My scribble is probably bad. It tells me:
UV-curable large Yang Gao oil to make
:)
Tony

Re: Chinese text

I haven't found a way of painting in an image, if that's what you mean.

Sylvia.

Re: Chinese text

It's possible in google translate, if you select Chinese on the left.
https://translate.google.com/ or my attempt:
https://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/UV%20%E5%9B%BA%E5%8C%96%E9%98%B3%E5%A4%A7%E6%9D%B2%E6%B2%B9%E7%9B%A1

Tony

Re: Chinese text

Two of those glyphs should be merged into one character. Google
Translate says for me:

"UV curing male welding oil to make"

http://tinyurl.com/oglglhe

Not much better I suppose.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

It's a UV curable ink for protecting soldering, and it's blue.

The top three characters are the name of the shop, which is literally
"Yongfeng Shop".

Peter

Re: Chinese text

My Chinese workmate got back to me with a better translation, after me
explaining what the product was for:

??????  means in English:

Ultraviolet curing solder-proof printing ink

Peter

Re: Chinese text

Thanks for the responses guys. I think what you've given me is enough.

The background to this is that I've ordered some from two different eBay
suppliers, one of which has now (allegedly) sent me a replacement for
one that didn't arrive.

That makes three that I haven't received. I was wondering whether
Australian customs might be intercepting it. They're meant to tell me if
they do, but perhaps they've been trying to figure out what it is first.

I presume they'd have the sense to get someone to read the Chinese
script, and apparently that would give them a good idea.

Maybe it really just is very slow shipping.

Sylvia.

Re: Chinese text

I order from China a fair amount and once in a while something either
takes forever or just never arrives.

I remember ordering from one of the more sketchy vendors on ebay and
they said they shipped it twice.  When we were reaching the end of the
time limit for disputing a charge I asked them for my money back.  I
think they never shipped it at all.  As long at you get your money back
I don't think eBay gives them any grief.  I expect at least half the
customers never bother to contact them because it can be such a PITA for
just $10.  So they get bucks for nothing but placing an ad.

--

Rick

Re: Chinese text

I ordered something (EPROM programmer from memory) ex-China and it took
weeks. When I contacted the seller they asked if I could wait a little
longer as it might have been intercepted. It did finally arrive and they
had opened the package and removed a hand-burned driver CD before moving
it on.

The seller provided a download link to the drivers and told me that they
sometimes remove burned CD's.

Paranoid authorities I guess.

Re: Chinese text

I finally received one of the packages - the one most recently sent -
but it has still taken six weeks to get from Malaysia to Australia (the
limited tracking available indicates they did send it when they said
they did). Did it go round the world, or something?

Sylvia.

Re: Chinese text
Probably the idiots that called my pocket knife a flick knife and opened
my hall effect switching device for my motor bike ignition to check it
was not a danger to our wellbeing (Probably because it was in an
antistatic envelope inside the outer packaging)

Re: Chinese text

We have a few heat guns for shrink tubing production, the American
ones are called 'Heat Gun', but the fancy German ones are called 'Heat
Tool'. No sense having your stuff held up because it contains 'gun
parts'. Some laws, for example US export laws, on even the most
pedestrian of firearm components are draconian.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Can you tell when your customs received it? Maybe a stamp on it or
something.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

No - there's nothing marked on it at all. Indeed, I don't think customs
even opened it.

Sylvia.

Re: Chinese text

Just before I received it, and out of frustration at the continuing
delay, I ordered another one, to be sent by courier (Toll), so that I
could track it. It also didn't arrive on time, and Toll have now
conceded that they appear to have lost it after it was sent out for
delivery.

Bizarre coincidence?

Sylvia.

Re: Chinese text
   NOW you know what is meant by "slow boat to China", and should be
re-interpreted as "slow boat to and FROM China".

Re: Chinese text

The stuff seems to reach Australia quickly enough. It's just delivering
it to me that takes a long time.

Sylvia.

Re: Chinese text
   We call it "snail mail" here in the US..
   Ask the PostMaster why it takes so long and if there is a way to
speed things up.

Re: Chinese text
Why? it is because of what the customs think it may be and they have to
hold it up and sticky beak.

Site Timeline