OT: Nevada buses mental patients to Californica

OT: Nevada buses mental patients to Californica...

I'm surprised Californica noticed >:-} ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Gee, talk about 'Blending in'

Martin Riddle

Right. How would they ever know?

Reply to
tm

Dust off the Voight-Kampff machine?

Martin Riddle

Sounds like Nevada is literally overflowing with crazies. That doesn't surprise me... living in a desert does tend to produce mental illness.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

That reminds me, Do you know why California has more lawyers than New Jersey has toxic waste dumps? New Jersey had first choice. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Look who's talking >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I can see why various s.e.d. lurkers would be down on California. After all, what has California ever done for electronics?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Tax and regulate it into nonexistence? ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(Former resident of Silicon Valley, back when they actually made silicon there)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Am happy with that, as long as they don't come here.

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

all,

One of the reasons my wife and I didn't move to California, back in the ear ly 1980's when she was offered a job there, was that housing was too expens ive.

From then on electronics start-ups tended to start up in places where the h ousing market was under less pressure - normal free-market economics, rathe r than Californian taxes, which had - at that time - recently been capped b y Proposition 13, and seem to have been screwed up further by subsequent st ate-wide referendums, where a few free-spending nitwits would persuade the voters to support measure that suited the nitwits self-perceived short-term interests.

But that's just one series of examples of America's oligarchies in action.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The nitwits don't tend to come to Europe, but their silly ideas are more mobile.

The European Central Bank might as well be run by Herbert Hoover, Milton Friedman or Allan Greenspan. None of them would be any less enthusiastic about turning a recession into a depression.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Wafer fabs have gone the way of wire bonding and packaging, to places with cheap land/water/energy/labor.

A lot of design is still done here, and corporate HQs. The SF peninsula is jammed with software types lately, pushing out lots of ordinary people. The Apple/Google/Yahoo busses are splattering oblivious, overpaid script kiddies all over our neighborhoods.

The real problem is the lack of land... nowhere to spread out.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

he

ies

Lebensraum in German. Any vegetarian anti-smoking candidate for the governe rship of California should be treaed with suspicion, particularly if he (or she) sports a toothbrush moustache. Watch out for heavily armed little old ladies in tennis-shoes gathering anywhere along its borders.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Come on John, it's just a joke. I still love you. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Thompson doesn't make jokes. It's just not in him. He only makes mean.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Johnny Horton had the answer to that. "North, to Alaska...". Or they could migrate to Mars. ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

New York tried that with Florida. They were all sent back.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Larkin, I'm sorry you have such a lousy sense of humor. In fact I'd describe you as totally humorless. ...Jim Thompson

...Jim Thompson