OT: more lunacy from California

"a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000."

Read the full revolting article here:

Cursitor Doom

Ah, the UK isn't doing so well either:

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Bebe, the genius who does our hair, was telling me that she won't color eyebrows any more. The State Fashion Police (or whoever licenses cosmetologists) have been raiding salons and fining the owners $1000 for every pair of eyebrows that they can catch being colored. One of her friends got nicked $6000 in one raid.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You are kidding, right?

Cursitor Doom

For that reason I would never visit the US. You do never know, what for a junk law you are going to violate at every single moment. A friend of mine told me, he visited the US as a tourist, and at one time he used to walk on a sidewalk, which was already used by a woman. He was sentenced to five days in prison. This is America!

Holger

Reply to
Holger

Yeah, we're so rich we only allow our sidewalks to be used once.

Reply to
krw

I am pretty sure, he did not lie. Perhaps he did not tell the whole story. But I did not rule that junk law out.

Holger

Reply to
Holger

lunatic fringe electronics

most of which are perfectly sensible laws

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Whatever it is that you said he said. IOW, you make *NO* sense.

Reply to
krw

At what ignorance level must you be to believe such nonsense? ...Jim Thompson

                 What part of Europe are you from?
                    The part whose ass we saved,
                  Or the part whose ass we kicked?

The cosmetologists industry has managed to buy enough politicians to make cosmetology effectively a union with very high entrance costs.

It seems to be easing some here in AZ, though my wife's nail salon cannot use a blade on heel calluses... has to be done by a podiatrist... another closed shop :-( ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Where's The Donald when you need him?? When states or countries start introducing disproportionate fines for petty infringements of stupid laws it's usually a result of a budget shortfall (poor management of public finances IOW) and if that were not inequitable and bad enough, it brings law and law enforcement into contempt 'n' all.

Cursitor Doom

Am 27.01.2018 um 18:49 schrieb Jim Thompson:

Ok, you are upset. Since junk laws occured for several times in history, I refer to the Indiana Pi bill, details here:

And I have leared, especially in the rural areas of the US you have to deal with christian extremists, who are more or less deep into gender segregation. Walk on a sidewalk, see a woman on the same sidewalk, that can be a severe problem to religious extremists, not only Taliban, but also to christian sects. I have heard, that left traces in society and jurisprudence.

Hope, this helps.

Holger

Reply to
Holger

it helps clear up any remaining doubt

Reply to
tabbypurr

Your ignorance level is stunning. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Jim is better at exhibiting ignorance than diagnosing it. He's starting to look very like krw - anything that Jim "knows" has to be true, and anybody who doesn't share any one of his bizarre delusions has to be "ignorant".

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Cursitor Doom's idea of what Donald Trump stands for is more of a tribute to Cursitor Doom's perfect gullibility than anything else.

When Donald Trump - a politician-bribing swamp dweller from way back - claimed that he was going to drain the Washington swamp, the general response was "and pigs might fly".

Trump's real agenda is better illustrated by the tax cuts for the rich which he and the Republicans have just enacted.

Bill Sloman, Sydney

> When states or countries start
> introducing disproportionate fines for petty infringements of stupid laws
> it's usually a result of a budget shortfall (poor management of public
> finances IOW) and if that were not inequitable and bad enough, it brings
> law and law enforcement into contempt 'n' all.
Reply to
bill.sloman

Europeon level.

Reply to
krw

Nah, you've been here long enough to know it's normal Europeon envy.

Reply to
krw