PLC classes in Northern California?

Hello,

Does anybody have any experience with SCADA/PLC classes in Northern California (Sacramento area in particular)? I'm looking for classes on Allen Bradley PLCs.

I noticed Sacramento City College has ET 362, which briefly mentions PLC systems, but does not specify which brand of controller is taught.

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Allen Bradley offices offer that kind of training.

Reply to
fredlmoore

Do you really need to learn Allen Bradley?

They once would the tool to use in the busuiness but, lately they have been running the business down a rabbit hole. The cost for the software tools alone will put you in the poor house.

We work we recently good a new laptop (Panasonic taugh Book) and all the software tools from AB, each costing many bucks. In the end, I think the totol cost was $12k for everything and that isn't the whole pinch on the story..

The 5000 series software and the processors it programs are somewhere in the range of version 27 or higher now and you need all versions that you deal with on your PC. Because newer versions will not connect to cpus with older firmware versions. Oh, btw, the old CPU's can be updated to match the current version of tools (5000) you have however, you still need a copy of the program in the old one befor you do this. And just hope nothing goes wrong with the process because you can brick the CPU/PLC

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Sierra College, in Rocklin and Truckee, has some courses that specialize in industrial control.

Look up Jim Weir; he has posted here in the past. One of his female grads runs the giant Budweiser plant near Sacramento.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ok, thanks for the replies, everyone.

Sierra College; ok, thanks. Is Mr. Weir a professor there?

Wow, one of his grads runs the Budweiser plant near Fairfield, then? :)

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Yes. We dropped in on one of his classes, at the Truckee campus. It's impressive, very hands-on. He says that there is huge demand for his grads.

Yeah, we drove past it an hour or so ago. Big. Must make a lot of Bud Light.

lunatic fringe electronics