integrated tof chip

This is amazing. A package about the size of a 1206 resistor that has a vcsel laser, a photodiode, laser driver, and time-of-flight electronics.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Great Scott!!

Cursitor Doom

Really nice ?

I think we will be seeing a lot more like that in the future

The Star Trek medical scanners are AFAIK not far away

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Klaus Kragelund

Wow! with spad detector.. cool. Any idea how much? ~$500? (a guess)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Give or take a factor of 50, yes.

Tom Gardner

$2.56 if you buy 5000 from digikey, $5.46 of you buy one

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The unit price of an eval board is $15.

ST has a visitors center in their lobby in Santa Clara, full of all sorts of fun toys.

lunatic fringe electronics

They should make one with electrical connections instead of optics so you could make a TDR out of it.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Great!

GH

Reply to
George Herold

I'd like to get at the internals of the 900nm spad.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

What is this F-ing "cookie" BS? "everybody" knows they are used. There is no G*d d*mn reason to PLASTER such an offensive ad over desired info.

Reply to
Robert Baer