OT: In case your Minolta camera quit

Yes. It's known as 120 and 220 (size numbers), or 2 1/4-inch, or 6-cm, or

60-mm. Sometimes, quite incorrectly, as 120-mm by people who don't realize the size numbers are arbitrary codes.

Demand isn't falling off as fast as the demand for 35-mm because it wasn't so much used by amateurs in the first place. So the supply and selection haven't decreased much in 10 years.

Reply to
mc

(which

Yes, that was the RB-67 (6x7 format) camera. Very nice camera, but the lenses cost more than I made in a year (I was in college ;-). I had all I could do to afford a Canon FTb with a 50mm F1.8. Now they're about a half-hour's salary. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Thanks for the details. It will probably be a few weeks before I get to it, but I'll post here if it's the same fault.

Jim

--
Jim Backus OS/2 user since 1994
bona fide replies to j  backus  jita

Hello Jim,

Just be sure to tack that capacitor on with your next parts order. Ordering it alone would make it rather expensive because of freight and possible min order qties.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Mamiya/Sekor

SLRs.

RB-67

(which

w/

lots

Forgot to mention that I never even touched an RB-67 until last summer, thirty-plus years after a magazine ad. for it infused me with the gimmies. I took a year-old Nikon that my niece had abused over to a man who recently set up a camera repair shop in his home, and upon entering the basement the second thing I saw was an RB-69 body + back. I was prepared for the weight of a boat anchor but that thing weighed nothing. All plastic, I guess. Seems like it would be very unbalanced with glass optics on it, so maybe they're now plastic too.

-- Michael

Reply to
Michael

Serious camera lenses are still all glass, not plastic. I've only encountered plastic lenses on very cheap, pocket-size cameras.

Reply to
mc