OT: In case your Minolta camera quit

"mc" schreef in bericht news:3OG9g.14990$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net...

photograph

Just took 2 pictures, with some brick in it.

Both from the same ~$350 camera, no tripod.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

"Frank Bemelman" schreef in bericht news:44675d8a$0$14085$ snipped-for-privacy@dreader20.news.xs4all.nl...

the

And I should add, I just took 2 pictures, not more. And had 3/4 of a bottle of wine, and one irish coffee.

Anti-shake feature does seem to work...

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Hello Frank,

That one shows the distortion that MC mentioned, look on the sides, especially the right side.

That photo is too busy with non-geometrical stuff. Hey, you shall not park a fiets in a flower bed....

Hope it was good wine. What's the old Dutch saying? Du pain, du vin, du hoofdpijn? (Bread, wine and headache)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:ZuI9g.26884$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...

For portraits I want a bit more than 50mm, 75mm perhaps. Just to make the face a bit more 'flat'.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:MeJ9g.26893$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...

Show me a regular 35mm lens that doesn't ;) Distance was about 20 meters.

As most photos are, but yes, I couldn't find a good brick wall quick enough. Still, it is not bad for a 1:12 zoom factor lens. I bet you can't even get 1:12 zoom ratio lenses for 35mm film camera's. Too expensive/heavy to make. Of cource, it had some charm, owing a 35mm camera - it allowed you to have a hobby and collect lenses, and carry them around to show off. Don't forget to use lens tissues as often as possible, as it adds to the ceremony of changing lenses. With a few dozen of Cokin filters, a sleeveless bodywarmer with many pockets to store all your film canisters, and it start to look pretty darn good ;)

At 2.98 euro a bottle it would not surprise me. But it tasted okay, 13.5% - very dark red, I don't expect a headache.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

[snip]

My general rule of thumb is 13+ percent. Then the likelihood of added stabilizers is nil.

...Jim Thompson

Ever looked at the old Japanese Ukiyo-E prints of red-haired foreign barbarian (Dutch) traders?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"Portrait" lenses are typically 85-100mm (for 35mm cameras). I'm looking for a fast one (F1.8 or F2) for something close to affordable money. I bought an F2.8 135mm for cheap, but the faster lenses still go for big bux.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Yeah, I've run into that. The promos are either double prints, new roll, or CD free. I'm not happy with the quality where I've gone so far though. A local camera shop will develop 24exp. film only for $4. I've found that most prints these days are digitized anyway so the CD should be next to free.

--
  Keith
Reply to

For what camera?

One of the more interesting things on the market now -- thought not the cheapest -- is that one of the Zeiss lenses, 80/1.8 I think, originally made for Contax, is being issued in Nikon (manual focus) mount. Apparently, with the discontinuation of Contax, Zeiss had a lot of lens elements already made, and they were able to change the lens mount to Nikon manual (AI).

Reply to
mc

By the way, the Sigma 90/2.8 macro is excellent and is very sharp at infinity; it's not just for macro work. So is the later 105/2.8. I have three of these... 90/2.8 for Olympus, 90/2.8 for Nikon AF, 105/2.8 for Canon EOS... accumulated over about a 15-year period as I moved from one system to another.

Reply to
mc

Canon FD (FTb, in particular).

--
  Keith
Reply to

Mebbe the class Mamiya was a larger format than 35mm? I know the Mamiya RB-67 (Hasselblad 500C wanna-be) was expensive, compared to the non-pro 1000DTL (which cost $168.00 when I bought it, in 1968). The pro 1000DTL was a black-body w/

1.4 auto lens and cost ~$40 more (IIRC), whereas non-pro had some chrome, lots of matt aluminum, and a 1.8 auto lens.
--
Michael
Reply to

A friend has a Mamiya that's definitely high end. I think it uses

2-1/4" wide film, or perhaps the metric equivalent.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hello Michael,

(which

You are probably right. I vaguely remember that I was at times the only guy coming into the dark room with 35mm film and some of the folks frowned upon that. That Mamiya certainly had cost more than that, IIRC they told us it was the equivalent of a nice used car.

BTW, for anyone interested there was a story in today's paper about a group dedicated to keeping film alive and here is their web site:

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Spehro,

That's almost certainly 60mm rolls of film. Must be quite difficult to buy these days but there are web sites dedicated to those topics.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

But you have to wait so long to see the pictures! )-;

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks - I've got an old Minolta 300 that probably has the same fault. I've not looked at it. Is is easy to get at the offending component?

Reply by email if you wish ... despam the sig line.

--
Jim Backus OS/2 user since 1994
bona fide replies to j  backus  jita

Hello Jim,

It is really easy. Turn the camera off, remove batteries and place it upside down onto a white towel in case a screw falls down. You don't want any of these to disappear in the carpet, it's unlikely to ever find a spare.

Remove the four little screws and black plastic bottom cover. Now you'll see an electrolytic on the side. That's the one. Note which side is plus (on mine it was towards center of the camera). Carefully unsolder the capacitor. It helps to bend down the flex with a tooth pick so each leg comes off without applying heat for too long. Replace the capacitor with the type I mentioned. I bent its legs inwards and stripped off that little black SMT carrier to make it even smaller.

Place cover back on. The smaller screws with machine thread go inside, the longer ones with the coarser thread on the outside (those are a bit tougher to turn).

That's it. It took me an hour to find a suitable cap, a few days for Fedex to get it here and about ten minutes to actually do the repair.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

On Mon, 15 May 2006 17:57:13 GMT, Joerg wrote in Msg.

This type of film is abundant everywhere. It's THE standard for studio photography.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest