OT Hydrogen economy, not?

Or just start your own "foundation" and write yourself a check. That's what some folks seem to do.

I'll pass on the haggis, looks to gross. Although some of the stuff we eat looks even more gross but is delicious:

Its origin is British though.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Once one is done adding waste to a particular salt dome, fill the mile deep borehole into the salt dome with concrete. Once the concrete has cured for a couple of days, it should be rather trivial to monitor for any Bad Guys redrilling the the way into the salt dome.

Don Klipstein

This will upset some of the greenie weenies, too:

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Always good to keep in mind.

But it does nothing about the issue that fossil fuels are essentially free to the producers who only have to spend a quart getting a gallon out of the ground, refining it, and delivering it on-site.

It's an impossible economic target to beat.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Yes Bob, butanol seems to have many advantages over the farm lobbies baby ethanol. Ethanol production is a bad choice. Seems like the best choice for a gasoline replacement. Mike

Reply to
amdx

That's good, but we like to make our own, a huge potful at a time. You can soak and drain the beans first and eliminate most side effects.

John

OK, now include the batteries in your calculations.

John

The bomb programs created immense amounts of really nasty stuff. The super-hot US waste is mostly sitting in rusty tanks in Hanford WA, far more than the US commercial nukes have produced, 10x by one estimate. That's got to be disposed of some day.

Really, dig a hole and throw it in. Or dump it into an ocean subduction zone. Waste disposal is just another wrench the antis use to jam the machinery of civilization. See a pattern here?

The AVLIS laser separation program, which would have sorted out the worst isotopes from used fuel rods, was cancelled.

John

Yes. Waste disposal from commercial reactors is not a technical problem.

John

About a billion people on this planet get insufficient carbohydrates to meet their body's needs. Burning food in SUVs and airplanes is grotesque. One bushel of corn, 65 pounds, makes a couple of gallons of ethanol. So refilling an Escalade could waste a half of a ton of food.

John

Leftist weenies are so cute. Stupid as bricks, but cute.

--
Keith
Reply to

The local parks have "composting toilets". FWIG, they're only emptied out ever few years and the results get spread as fertilizer in the park. If the only problem is gravity, "grinder pumps" exist for below grade bathrooms.

--
Keith
Reply to

"amdx" wrote in news:9becb$487e7597$18d6b40c$ snipped-for-privacy@KNOLOGY.NET:

Ethanlo from corn is not efficient, but I heard that switchgrass (_Panicum virgatum_), which is native to the US and grows, well, like a weed, yields a lot more sugar, and requires no fertilizer or irrigation (it is, after all, a prarie Grass) (and some cultivars are also quite decorative ;) ). It's just that there is no "Switchgrass Growers' Lobby" pushing for it.

That's what I read, anyway.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

WHAT? Boy, I haven't been paying attention.

Soo, instead of running our cars off of LNG, which is much easier to store, transport, and use than hydrogen, we're going to burn some of it to convert the rest into hydrogen, then stand around wondering how in hell we're going to get it from point A to point B and what to do with it once we get to point B?

Oh, sure. That makes sense.

So, how am I going to heat my house after we convert all the LNG into hydrogen that we can't move, store or use?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Ah, makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

:

em

Rightist are sooo boring. All that brilliant intellectual capacity, but no real data to work on, so the best they can do is truly uninspred personal abuse. Not that Keith's theoretically brilliant intellectual capacity - he is a rightist, so he must be clever, just like Eeyore - has been obvious anywhere I've looked. Jim Thompson and John Larkin can do brilliant electronics, and even Michael Terrell can fix TV stations, but the best Keith can manage are lame patents for IBM.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Half a ton? Heck, that's burning chicken feed. No, really...it is burning chicken feed.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Frank wrote in news:7NOdnbfgcII7oOPVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I wonder how your home insurance would be affected by storing a large quantity of high pressure hydrogen inside it?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"Tim Williams" wrote in news:Nmsfk.1259$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.iad:

Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbecue in Orlando puts a lot of their leftover choppings (the "crumbs") of smoked pork into their baked beans;best baked beans I've ever had.

8-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

very obsessed,for certain. Obsessed to the point of irrationality and blindness.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik