OT: Gun Control

Xinhua, the "independent" Chinese news agency (completely not run by the Chinese government) ran an article titled, in the best tradition of objective journalism throughout the free world, "Innocent blood demands no delay for U.S. gun control":

I honestly don't think of myself as a Redneck (I am proficient in the use of many types of firearms but I certainly don't obsess over them or collect them). I try to see all sides of an argument and weigh all available evidence before forming an opinion.

In my opinion it is not at all surprising that the article played up the NRA's influence in American politics but didn't mention the calls for repeal of the Second Amendment and for the deaths of NRA membership (and in some cases gun owners or even supporters of gun rights in general) by Texas Democratic Party Executive Committee member John Cobaruvvias, actress Marg Helgenberger, Erik Loomis (professor at the University of Rhode Island), and many others. Twitter is apparently awash in such calls.

(All are invited to Google my statements above at their leisure.)

In my opinion these are very bad signs.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Riiiight, 'cause nobody ever uses the phrase "somebody's head on a stick" unless they actually mean it literally. Some awfully thin skins, suddenly. Better bring out the fainting couch.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

The easiest way to get control is to get its owners to go register IN PERSON their personal devices EVERY YEAR for $10.

Full ownership documents must be presented. Full proof of ID must be presented. No more than 2 devices can be registered per day for personal use per person.

Devices left unregistered for more than 3 months will need to be destroyed and can't be re-registered unless exceptional circumstances apply.

Reply to
7

I recall the assertion, attributed to Yamamoto, that invading the U.S. would be suicidal because "there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass". One wonders if the writer in Xinhua remembers that also.

--
RLW
Reply to

Liberal idiots, all.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Throw away the 2nd, it's not needed they will say. Then the 4th, it just gets in the way of "good law enforcement" and then the 1st because it's too easy to have a internet video that some dont agree with.

If we are gonna limit gun access why not limit access to the blood and guts video games these people immerse themselves in for hours and hours each day. Blame the gun, but Hollywood and the kill everything in sight movies are off limits. That would infringe on artistic freedom.

The village that must raise the children, with our "shades of gray morals" and victim attitudes, is raising generations of psychopaths. The progressives and many on the other side of the political spectrum are too damn arrogant to see the real problem by looking in the mirror.

Question to those of you who might remember:

What killed Nicole Brown Simpson?

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

Oh I remember! It was OJ! Sure, the jury said he was innocent, but what do they know? They only heard the facts of the case. I heard Jay Leno and David Letterman tell us he was guilty! That's all we need! And they finally GOT that sucker too. Just stole his valuables and conned him into trying to get them back. Too bad. If America can't just believe the heads on the nightly news and our President that our form of government needs some serious changes to be more "Progressive" well, then, perhaps we'll have to arrange some MORE examples to make sure everyone understands what's needed.

Reply to
benj

I like that. Unfortunately, fewer blades of grass growing in the toxic waste dumps.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Incorrect answer. You get a failing grade.

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

tomg

Infidelity?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Hell, my elementary school had marksmanship class and marksmanship teams fo r 10 year olds and above. We had a cellar gun range where we shot 0.22's at fixed targets. I think I used a 0.306 for the first time when I was about

7 years old. But back then guns were viewed as 100% sports implements, ther e was no idea about making someone into a killing machine, it was the mass media and entertainment industry that made that mainstream.
Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I bet you blame rape victims for dressing improperly, too.

Reply to
krw

No. Incorrect answer. I'll give you and others the answer now.

It was not a knife, a gun, a baseball bat, a rock, a rope or even someones gloved hands.

What killed her was a murderer, a criminal, an evil life form.

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

If they could understand the point.