Remote Control with independent control

I have 2 units a PVR and a CD Driver from Pioneer that have each one it's on remote control. but when I operate one the other reacts the same way. If I press Power On the 2 units come ON, if I press record, both units start recording etc. How can I control them independently? If I place polarized filters, will that work ?

John

Reply to
John

Read the manuals. I have some JVC stuff which allows choice of codes to avoid such problems.

...Jim Thompson

John schrieb:

Probably no. Polarizing will reduce light power but the receiver is of high dynamic range.

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

you could try unpluging one of them and then switching on the other one. then plug it back in and switch on that one.

Reply to
jwhratv

ord,

tly?

I don't think IR polarizers will work that well. Plus, they'd likely be expensive.

If you have an unused button on the remote, maybe you can decode that and have it operate a mechanical shutter in front of each device's IR window. Sounds Kludge-y, but I think it would work pretty good, and not cost a fortune to implement.

Although, you would probably need a digital storage scope to capture the unused button.

Reply to
mpm

First I would like to thank all of you for the great help.

Obviously the solution proposed by Jim is the easiest one to implement and fortunately one of the machines (the DVR 450 that by error I called PVR) has a solution, the other doesn't, consequently it is the one I am going to use. Thanks Jim for opening my eyes

Regarding the use of polarizing glass ( or plastic) I would like to try it if I have a chance. I have a camera filter but I need another one. Years ago Polaroid use to sell plastic sheets of that material. They sent me samples but that was 20 years ago

About mechanical shutters, I was considering the use of a Radio Shack remote control unit that cold operate a relay that alternately operate one or the other shutter.

One other solution to try would be the use of little mirrors on the recorders that would shield the direct infrared signals but would accept the ones reflected by different walls.

Reply to
John

I'm happy it worked for you!

[snip]