OS independent , Platform independent USB device driver

Hello guys ,

I do have task of writing a USB device driver ,  which should be
easily portable across platform and operating system.I was tried
googling  , I couldnt get much information regarding that.

I read the whole USB architecture , and understood that only USB Host
controller driver is platform dependent. USB core and USB class are
platform Independent.

So I do have feeling that , I can write USB device driver which is
platform independent and easily portable across Operating Systems.

Is it possible?

Any guides to do that?

Site Timeline