OT: getting paid

Maybe you could use the opportunity to sell a better microphone!

Reply to
Wond

So since he is associated with this venue he knew BEFORE HE EVER CALLED YOU that the venue didn't have the money in hand, and that he didn't have the money (or at least had no intentions of reaching into his own pocket for any), and it was all a plan (scam, some would say) to have you loan them them money indefinitely while they get around to "raising" the funds to pay you, and most likely to have you donate your labor for free since my suspicion is that they will never finish raising that part of the money. Friends that play you for a sucker like that you don't need, go repossess the equipment and try to recoup as much of your losses as you can.

----- Regards, Carl Ijames

Reply to
Carl Ijames

With large companies it is more a stick than a carrot. Interest is charged after the remit period.

I once got tired of the way a customer would pay a week or two after the remit period by design. I would contact them a couple of weeks after submitting the invoice and ask when I could expect payment. They would tell me it was scheduled to be mailed on the Friday of the week in which the grace period ended. I pointed out they would be billed 2% for not paying on time and they got the payment out right away.

It happened again and they didn't get the payment out on time so I sent them another invoice for the 2%. I heard back from a vice president. They were a contract assembler and passed on the cost of the items they buy, but they can't pass on late payment fees! He insisted that I give them 60 day terms rather than 30 and add the 2% to the price of the item so they could pass it on to their customer.

BTW, even with the VP's approval, it took some six months to get paid for the interest. Reminds me of some movie I saw years ago with a paperboy who's only real line is, "I want my $2!" over and over again.

--

Rick
Reply to

That was my line when I was a kid. My route was married student housing and married students never had money. Except that it wasn't $2/wk, rather $.20/week. One of my customers, and biggest (in every way) deadbeat, was Dick Butkus. "What! A Dollar?!"

Reply to
krw

How much would you have had to pay someone else to learn this lesson? You have learned it now, right?

Chalk the whole thing up to experience and move on.

If your "friend" is really your friend, he will at least return the equipment. If not, then you have learned yet another valuable lesson for all the money spent and time invested.

Reply to
mpm