OT: Eat The Rich!

"California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa is the richest lawmaker on Capitol Hill, with a net worth estimated at about $251 million."

Why, that NASTY grasping, selfish Republican! How DARE he hoard such wealth with so many starving homeless undocumented immigrant children of color in this country?

Who are the next four richest? We The People oughta go to WA DC and just rend them limb from limb and devour their wriggling carcasses! That'd teach them! Then the honest, upright, generous Democrats could make SURE that wealth is fairly distributed; everybody KNOWS Democrats aren't Evil Grasping Hoarders!

"Next in line: Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.), worth about $244.7 million; Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.), worth about $214.5 million; Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.), worth about $209.7 million; and Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), worth about $208.8 million."

Oh, wait... never mind.

Original source:

Dr. HotSalt

Reply to
alien8752

You are Harrison Bergeron, and I claim an iPod set to play white noise.

Dave

--
\\/David	DeLaney	posting	from dbd@vic.com "It\'s not the pot that	grows the flower
It\'s not the clock that	slows the hour 	The definition\'s plain for anyone to see

Yes, we should collect all the assets, wealth, and resources available to humanity, specifically taking it away from achievers, and then, distribute it all equally among all people by dividing it fairly. THEN there will be no more war, gangs and poverty. Everyone will be happy and we can spend more time singing and drinking Coca-cola.

Handicap parking for everyone!!

--
Mark
Reply to

Now you know why we should kill all gmail postings !!!!

Reply to
don

Are you suggesting that there could be a flaw in Communism? Or sarcasm?

--
Mark
Reply to

There are no flaws in sarcasm.

Matthew (unless you are doing it wrong)

--
I have two granddaughters:

Alex will find a way to silently get from where she is to where she
wants to be.
Anna will make an Anna sized hole between where she is to where she
wants to be.
Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

Here's an idea. Every year, we have a lottery. First, one person with assets over $100 million is chosen, and then one person with assets under $1 million is chosen. All except $1 million is taken from the first person and given to the second.

That way, we have wealth redistribution without equality.

Reply to
Piet de Arcilla

...even if you do not have a car!

Reply to
Robert Baer

On Nov 8, 5:01 pm, Mark

LOL - Isn't that how a lot of liberals actually think?

If the first guy had 150 Million, then the newly rich guy would be eligible to be stripped of his new wealth the following year.

There's a guy in my area who was famous for literally starting his big company in a garage.

I heard that over and over.

Then I found out he DID start in his garage but with MILLIONS of dollars his wife had inherited!

People only tried telling me the ""garage"" story one or twice after that but I confess I enjoyed unloading on them.

Reply to
Greegor

I'm probably good for a half-dozen strokes.

Mark Edwards

--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request
Reply to

He's a big horse?

Mark Edwards

--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request
Reply to
Mark Edwards

I hear there's a cream for that.

Dave "just sayin'" DeLaney

-- \\/David DeLaney posting from snipped-for-privacy@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower It's not the clock that slows the hour The definition's plain for anyone to see Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeable

- net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Reply to
David DeLaney

Problem is, sarcasm is wasted on those who need it the most.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Why 'never mind'?

How do these people vote on tax issues? Not every wealthy person sits in their cellar, counting their coins.

Yeah, but you\'re taking the universe out of context.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Yeah really.

We have people do it for us.

--
Mark
Reply to

IFYPFY.

Dave "HTH. HAND. $$$." DeLaney

-- \\/David DeLaney posting from snipped-for-privacy@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower It's not the clock that slows the hour The definition's plain for anyone to see Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeable

- net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Reply to
David DeLaney

"Mark" wrote

Yes, No, Abstain, or Absent. They latter technically is not really a vote, but is what gets entered.

The key is taxing new *income* and not their old wealth. HTH.

Reply to
Otto Bahn

The problem with that theory is that they're going to tax old wealth by letting inflation run wild.

Reply to
krw

So put it somewhere that will keep up with inflation. Preferably in a business in a tax jurisdiction with low/no capital gains or dividend taxes.

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You do realize that inflation is the way that tax cuts are funded, don't you?

Matthew