LeCroy scope recap.

I guess since no one answered my question about strange flickering phenomena in the new Wave Surfer scope's LCD screen we just got, I conclude that no one here uses one.

So i'll make a call tomorrow to inquire about this so they'll have it on record or maybe suggest that something is actually wrong with it.

Thanks Any way..

Reply to
Jamie

The one with the Windows-OS? Never again. At some point I asked the client whether they had a real scope.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

LeCroy scopes are weird, and Walter did me dirty once.

John

Not sure if its on a windows OS, I don't see anything that looks like windows while it's booting.

We've only had it for week now, getting all 4 channels set up on a machine so that we can monitor and record some data we need to know about.. HV in 2 of the channels, current reading on a channel and a signal reading that is originating this from the start. This part seems to be working fine. I'm just being causes about this flickering due to the expense of the unit and all the options that had to be purchased.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jamie

Oh, I don't know who Walter is ? sorry :)

One of the reasons we got this particular unit was it's shape and size, it's going in a dog house where the depth is not to deep on the door.

Reply to
Jamie

Walter LeCroy. He used to make CAMAC instruments for the national labs, before he went into the scope business. Los Alamos asked us to design an equivalent to his expensive and unreliable 4208 TDC module, so we did.

When LeCroy found out about it, on the next bid they cut their price

*in half* to kill us off. Our pal at Los Alamos disqualified them on technical grounds, and I still have a job.

Some time later, LeCroy offered to license a couple of their designs to us. They wanted us to assume some huge technical and customer headaches they wanted to be rid of, and proposed that we lose money as a side benefit. We declined.

John

Sounds like my first dance with ON Semi.

ICE, probably with some inside info, underbid my design quote by a factor of TWO.

Fortunately ON Semi figured it as "smelly" and awarded me the job anyway. ...Jim Thompson

  Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

Walter sounds like the average greedy business man! :)

Well, I hope what you just told me isn't a sign for things to come in our near future! ;)

Reply to
Jamie