RealID, another Republican effort to steal your rights.

rev_media writes to tell us that CNN has a few updates to the Real ID act currently facing legislators. The Real ID acts mandates all states to begin issuing federal IDs to all citizens by 2008. Costs could be as much at $14 billion, but only 40 million are currently allocated. Several states have passed legislation expressly forbidding participation in the program, while others seem to be all for it. The IDs will be required for access to all federal areas including flights, state parks and federal buildings. People in states refusing to comply will need to show passports even for domestic flights.

Reply to
Donald

RealID, another Democrat effort to steal your rights and tax your ass, and "take, take, take".

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

No, Jim, it really is the republicans this time.

Reply to
JosephKK

[snip SIG left by amateur newsreader :-]

They sure aren't taking from me.

And Hillary recently actually stated, "Take...".

I can't wait for the Republican ads that play that over and over and over... ad nauseam ;-)

...Jim Thompson

As can be seen here:

"By a 50-44 vote mostly along party lines, the chamber set aside a Republican-backed amendment to a homeland security spending bill that would have spread $300 million across the states to help them implement the so-called Real ID Act. ..."

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

You left out the best link:

Passed in 2005 by being amended into a war spending bill by (Republican-controlled) Congress in the form suggested by the (Republican-controlled) DHS.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I had read it, but it was more historical about the original passing and prior to the 2006 elections, so I thought that the current news about it was appropriate.

This is a good place to add that there is a senate bill to repeal Real ID, S.717:

It is sponsored by Daniel Kahikina "Dan" Akaka (D, HI), co-sponsored by Lamar Alexander (R, TN), Max Baucus (D, MT), Patrick Leahy (D, VT) John Sununu (R, NH) and Jon Tester (D, MT). 4 Ds and 2 Rs, in terms of this bill's senate sponsors.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Yep. The sooner we can ID all those leftist weenies, the better ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It was introduced by that Republican moron Senselessbrenner as an anti-immigration measure, it has nothing to do with national security. DHS was doing so well, they threw its implementation on them, brilliance beyond all bounds. And your opposition to the measure puts you in coalition with the National Center for Transgender Equality, among others, dear:-)

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He hehe hehehe

Reply to
Donald

Jim Thompson snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Keep telling yourself that when they are interrogating your ID card every block you pass by.

Reply to
JosephKK

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You misunderstand - they really _are_ out to "get" us; Hillary only wants to take away your money. The neocons want to take away your Liberty.

I'm still baffled how such an ostensibly brilliant man could fall for the neocon party line, hook, line, and sinker.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

I'm not sure Jim "falls" for it. he sounds alot like my father used to, believe nothing and act like you believe every word.

Charles

Reply to
qrus19

Well now you're making finely graded distinctions.

Why? Skill in one area certainly doesn't mean brilliance in all -- especially in social/political matters. Great scientists are famous for being cranks in politics. Steinmetz was brilliant and a commie. Smart one way, dumb another. So were many, many others.

In some ways engineers/designers are the worst and most badly out of their field in social fields. Designers are famous for thinking a functioning society is a simple matter of intelligent design -- basically similar to a religious creationist. It is sad and pathetic when you think about it.

"Stupid is a stupid does." -- Forrest Gump

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

Now would I do that ?:-)

The Democrats will be far worse, but I think many people here need a good dose so that they understand.

...Jim Thompson

Isn't it ironic, then, that the only way to really properly run a society is for every individual to have Free Will, and the Liberty to exercise it. Now, before you say, "As long as you don't violate anyone else's rights"; that's true, it's bad to violate anyone's rights, but a healthy Will never even _wants_ to deny anyone else their rights - if the two disagree, they simply go their separate ways.

But the churches have been denying Free Will since the beginning of time, because they're all devil worshipers. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Eggzactly ;)

Reply to
qrus19

Maybe he is afraid to take a position he thinks will be unpopular with his clients.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Having a lot of illegal aliens in the country is taking away your liberty far more than anything the Republicans have done. Hillary and the DemocRATs are all too willing to surrender the US to the rule of the United Nations;THAT will certainly take away your liberty. They also want to stifle your free speech by enacting "hate crime" legislation and restoring the "Freedom Doctrine" restricting political speech in the media.DemocRATs want to keep blacks as victims,as a permanent underclass,so they can exploit them.Hillary and Bill are the ones who used the IRS as a weapon aginast their opponents. DemocRATs are anti-gun,that takes away your freedom,too.

a good smack upside their heads.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik