OT: DST? WTF? NTP! :-)

What can I say?

----------------------------- root@daphne:/etc# ntpdate ntp-ucla.usno.navy.mil Looking for host ntp-ucla.usno.navy.mil and service ntp host found : tick.ucla.edu

30 Oct 10:02:31 ntpdate[2297]: step time server 164.67.62.194 offset

-3608.379697 sec root@daphne:/etc# ntpdate ntp-ucla.usno.navy.mil Looking for host ntp-ucla.usno.navy.mil and service ntp host found : tick.ucla.edu

30 Oct 10:02:36 ntpdate[2300]: adjust time server 164.67.62.194 offset -0.001305 sec root@daphne:/etc# exit logout rich@daphne:~ $ date Sun Oct 30 10:03:30 PST 2005 rich@daphne:~ $

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

"Rich, Under the Affluence" wrote

I'm not sure I get your point, but I will say this: "Why didn't your Linux box adjust the clock automatically?" All mine did.

offset -3608.379697 sec

offset -0.001305 sec

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I don't know. Are you running any certain daemon or anything? I'm just running stock Slackware 10.2, downloaded from one of the mirrors, so I could be missing something.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence