Patent Rights, WTF...

...Jim Thompson

Blessed are those how believe in a free market economy.

No matter how much is costs.

hamilton

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

These neocons can't write for shit. Haven't they ever heard of getting to the point?

First to file works for me. Now if we could just drop software patents altogether, and require the hardware patent device actually be built and tested, I'd be happy.

Microsoft just lost a case in the Supreme Court to a bunch of damn patent trolls that do nothing for this economy other than make some lawyers rich.

Look at these shitty companies that exist just to collect royalties, the worst being Rambus. A stupid idea from the get go, a total failure as a product, but they collect royalties due to dirty tricks.

Reply to
miso

No matter how much it costs, it's still cheaper than government control.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In that case, i4i wins. Oh, that's right--they DID win.

It'll be an interesting shade of blue you turn while holding your breath waiting for that.

Damn. There goes my patent for warp drive.

All had M$ had to do to win the battle was admit that software patents are a stupid idea. Oops--then they lose the war.

JeffM

The US patent system is broken.

boB

Reply to
boB

Even more blessed would be if there really was a free market.

Reply to
flipper

That has been on the harmonizers list for decades. Backhanding it in is just business as usual for Congresscritters of any stripe.

Reply to
josephkk

Not always, but a handful of cases in hundreds of years is no reason to add more govmonk control.

Reply to
josephkk

What's really 'sneaky' is how they 'backhanded it in' with public hearings.

Reply to
flipper

Was listening to public radio's 'the takeaway' yesterday morning on the way to work. Wasn't paying too much attention to the radio while driving but caught Hockenberry saying "...and that was the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment". Nearly rear-ended someone as I realized what they had just said. (So much for George Carlin's 'seven dirty words you can't say on television')

Reply to
Oppie

No different, really, than hearing "Oh, fudge!" or, to quote the late, lamented Peter Boyle's character's favorite phrase "Holy crap!" (and in "prime time" on network teevee, no less). Euphemisms are.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

The bill has passed the House and Senate. It now gets reconciled and sent to the President.

bill

Read the Bill

Wanderer