OT: complete copy of e-mail from the pure blue sky

Smells like spam. Any real notice would state the court. Check the senders email address. Probably Google or Yahoo. The ones I get usually say the IRS is sueing me.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

and I am sure you clicked on the attached ! :)

Another lure

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

The attachment crap, as above, that abruptly started about 6 weeks ago with multiples like that daily, has just as abruptly stopped.

Didn't really bother me since my filter system snagged them.

You have to wonder what jollies these jerks obtain from continual failure.

Probably coming from DecadentMentalDefectiveNumeroUno ;-)

...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

Notice to Appear,

You have to appear in the Court on the April 25. You are kindly asked to prepare and bring the documents relating to the case to Court on the specified date. Note: If you do not come, the case will be heard in your absence.

The Court Notice is attached to this email.

Sincerely, Lloyd Baxter, Court Secretary.

Reply to
Robert Baer

A real notice would be sent by snail mail.

99% of email is junk mail.

Martin Riddle

It's a virus. Any real notice would be delivered by certified mail, not email.

Reply to
krw

I got those emails a couple of years ago. None lately, probably because of a better email system.

Reply to
krw

I've gotten these in the past. Sounds faintly like British courts, but I'm in the US.

Certainly, email is not proper legal process.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Of course not. Legal "service" requires you be served either in person by a process server, or by certified mail where you have to sign acknowledging receipt.

Even a traffic ticket, if you're paying attention while suppressing your anger, says, "Without admitting guilt I promise to appear...", and you have to sign acknowledging that statement... otherwise, if you refuse, you will be physically arrested ;-)

The cretins who send these E-mails are ignorant of the highest order. Anyone with half a brain ignores them as a simple nuisance.

Only the equally ignorant fall for it and respond. ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

No, they're not.

...and they hook enough people with less than half a brain to make a good living.

The perps aren't ignorant.

Reply to
krw

They want you to open the zip file and install the cryptolocker so that you can become a client.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

No, a real notice would be delivered to you in person by an agent of the court, (court messenger, bailiff, etc...).

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

I guess you do not know how to READ. I _said_ -->COMPLETE

Reply to
Robert Baer

I fail to understand how a virus can be in an all-text document with zero atttachments. Please explain...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Check. Even if it was complete (name of court, document number, date,etc & etc).

Reply to
Robert Baer

I guess that YOU ALSO do not know how to *READ*. I _said_ --->COMPLETE

Reply to
Robert Baer

Maybe they missed the attachment off by accident. Maybe they just want you to email them back so they know they have found a working email address. Maybe some email relay on the way stripped the attachment.

I have certainly had similar spam with Trojan attechments.

--

Roger Hayter
Reply to

You lie. headers are missing

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

well if you're going to tell lies you'll get wrong answers, zero surprises there.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

The explanation is simple. I'm not illiterate.