Sky /Sky+ remote

As a newbie on here if this is not a good NG to ask this question then please point me in the right direction....

My question is, why can't a SKY remote be programmed to operate a SKY+ box.... I can get the channel up and down to work, but the numeric pad doesn't work....?

I would imagine it is something to do with the software in the remote, but isn't there anyway of 'fixing' it to work. Or, do I just throw away the old style remotes I got>

Reply to
Malcolm J

There's probably a Sky support NG but anyway, I got myself a universal programmable (learning) remote so that I didn't have to have a lot of rc's around. If I change a piece of kit I just reprogram and I'm away. Mind you, I picked it up for $5 at a clearance sale, so it made it worthwhile. :-)

Cheers.

Reply to
Ken Taylor