OT: COMCAST Sucks - Really Bad

second

distribute

their

BTW, I misread the test. My uplink to Atlanta is only .1Mb/s. I didn't wait for it to completely end. Atlanta is as close as it gets (and Seattle as far), for that test.

Reply to
krw

aries

nd

10

bute

ir

tween

peed

e a

T)

It's getting better...

3.06 down, 2.07 up.

But by tomorrow morning, Comcast will be back to a crawl (or a complete stand still). It will connect and disconnect probably no less than 200 times throughout the day.

I wonder if this is capacity driven? At night, it's actually pretty usable....

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Do you just have one computer on your cable modem? Hve you rebooted the modem, and router if you have more than one computer? If you use a router, is it wireless? I've disabled wireless capacity on several networks because unauthorzed people were using it.

Michael A. Terrell

At our cabin in the mountains, the cable internet speed is good, except that on big weekends it caves in. Lots of local capacity but a too-limited firehose capacity to the outside world.

John

aries

nd

10

bute

ir

tween

peed

e a

T)

Better now. Guess Comcast finally fixed it. (I'm not holding my breath, but at least the connection is usable).

2.92 down, 3.55 up (Atlanta)
Reply to
mpm

ed varies

second

my

bits

ve a

uld

for 10

stribute

ly

their

t between

se

he speed

ot me a

ith

came

d AST)

but

s to

oted

quoted text -

Long story, but I eventally got in contact with the engineers at Comcast who actually know what is going on. They had some sort of fiber mux frame go down (something they call a "chassis"). My guess is that's been the source of the trouble all along, and it had to completely die before they figured it out.

Things are back to "normal" as of this afternoon, but it's too late for Comcast. We placed our order for U-Verse days ago (which only recently became avaialble in our area.)

- mpm

Reply to
mpm

Here at work: 50.3mbps down, 9.14mbs up. Both Comcast and Verizon in a load sharing configuration.

Wish I had that at home!

Reply to
JW

--
There are none so deaf as those that will not hear.
Reply to

On the airplane (Gogo) it's 330 kb/s down, 230 up.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(Delta flight 1017)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

We had half of a T1 at Microdyne. I had over 4 Mbps at home at the time.

Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, but perhaps the 1/2-T1 was probably a guaranteed rate, whereas the 4Mbps at home was just the "up to" rate?

Down here in southern Oregon, Qwest does deliver on their "up to 1.5Mbps" DSL lines, I'd have to say -- I haven't done a speed test in awhile, but it usually does come it right about 1400-1500kbps.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

If you all think Comcast is bad try out Cox sometime. They're just as bad with random DNS dropouts, speed drops, etc.

So you want people to move, just to try Cox Broadband?

Michael A. Terrell