OT: Climate Change Bullshit

Sure, but the cars on the road violated law. And huge fines were paid and people went to prison. In the US, anyhow.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The only threat to democracy I can see is brexiteers and their determination to avoid a democratic vote once the deal is known.

Reply to
invalid

What are you smoking? It is insurance against brexit, full stop.

Rees-Mogg says one thing (Brexit is good for business), and takes actions that are the diametric opposite (moves his business out of the UK and into the EU).

It really is that simple.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Not :) That's why he is moving his company into the EU.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Stop being stupid, what difference does it make moving to the EU if we are still in the EU as a in name only deal would be?

You really should think before you post or people will think you are harry.

Reply to
invalid

He hasn?t moved all his business out of the UK and into the EU and what makes sense as insurance with PART of his business doesn?t necessarily apply to the total of all business in the UK.

No it isnt.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In what way?

If te law is constrained to passing the tests, they obeyed the law.

Mmm.

But not in Germany...

--
There?s a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah. The "I'm only a little bit pregnant" argument.

s/pregnant/guilty/ if you prefer.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Nope.

He isnt guilty of anything.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The laws was written around minimising particular emissions.

The car passed the tests because the motor was controlled to operate in a particular way when it was in what could be recognised as the test condition.

In normal use, the motor operated in way that produced a lot more emissions., and more extended testing revealed this. This did break the law.

John Larkin hasn't provided a link to any criminal convictions and prison sentences, and I can't recall any. He isn't a witness I'd rely on.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Legally? No.

Morally and/or ethically? Yes.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It looks like 40 months plus $200,000

Tom Gardner

By killing people, for starters.

lunatic fringe electronics

It takes seconds to google that.

lunatic fringe electronics

"defeat devices" (HW/SW) that interferes with or disables emissions controls under real-world driving conditions, even if the vehicle passes formal emissions testing are illegal

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Which people? Those killed by the extra diesel fumes? You'd have a hard time linking that to a specific car manufacturer.

In any case, I'd be just as inclined to blame the gumment inspectors, who OKed the test results.

--
"It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong."  --  Thomas Sowell

Wrong. The most he is doing is taking some insurance in case that fool May ends up with a brexit in name only. Nothing immoral or unethical about doing that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It can't be for that. If it BRINO there is no advantage in him moving the business to the EU. You have been told this already but seem to be too stupid to understand. Are you stuck in a wet paper bag full of bullshit?

To help you out.. he has moved it because if brexit goes ahead he expects to be better off with it in the EU.

Reply to
invalid

Has he stated that he will bring his company back to the UK in the event of a no-deal Brexit?

That's the only way your statement could be valid.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Not an issue I am interested in.

As it may...however, in what way is any of that an argument against the EU being fundamentally undemocratic?, which is what I am interested in?

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward