climate change you can believe in

Maybe I can get in a few runs on Saturday. It's almost June!

John

.

You must be joking. Why on Earth should reality be in the way of the believers. It is global warming, period. The true believers will be repeating "hot-hot-hot" without noticing the pieces into which their frozen nose breaks into.

Dimiter

Reply to
Didi

Almost 90°F is our high today here. Looking forward to local oranges.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

60°F last night, 96°F this afternoon... should be 105°F-110°F... predictions for "upsy-downsy" temperatures over the next few weeks :-) ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

And I loaded up the wood stove this morning ... and it's almost June ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Been in the 90s for weeks, but today was a beautiful 85F.

There's something about oranges and Canuskistani Winters that don't mix.

Reply to
krw

...and then no "downsy" for four months.

Reply to
krw

Sunday went into the store for a few things after church. Came out, and it was pouring rain! In May! And, there was SLEET in that rain! IN MAY!

Temps should be in the high 90's to low 100's!!!!!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

I'm just as disinclined to be force-fed climate change orthodoxy as you are John. But a late snowstorm doesn't prove anything one way or the other. That's what I don't get -- savvy engineers engaging in silly school-yard stuff like this.

Reply to
Michael Robinson

If I can get in a few thousand vertical feet it sure does.

John

"Global warming" at its best, a winter weather advisory for the area east of us, snow will fall again:

We are already joking that there may come a time when the wood stove has to crank all year round. It was running until this morning and temps are dropping again. So, in a few hours I'll have to re-load and light it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

How's a gradual doubling in firewood consumption over 10 years counting? Same house, same habits, same inside temps.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Be sure and take your video cam, so we can see the slush moguls! ;-P

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise on Google groups

Are you sure that was not hail?

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to

It hit 21F in Truckee yesterday, the lowest town temp in the lower 48.

John

We had quite torrential hail a couple hours ago, with some more hail on and off right now. Snow east of us, I've heard. My wife just re-loaded the wood stove, on May-27! Global warming, yeah, right.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

It was basically melting snow from the mountains...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

message=20

DTL

are=20

=20

Somebody has to try and counterbalance the anti-life politicians.

Reply to
JosephKK

message=20

DTL

you are=20

school-yard=20

=20

Perhaps getting older and not being feeling warm at the same temperatures? After 40 metabolisms do slow down.

Reply to
JosephKK

Mine's always been slow, meaning my body has a very high fuel efficiency that I wish was much lower. So I could eat more chocolate without growing a belly.

But seriously, we have a digital thermometer in the living room and it's the same for 10 years. It also corroborates the reading of other thermometers. That's sort of "glued" to 69F when we run the wood stove, always was. Except on very cold and windy days in the recent winters where we couldn't get it above 65F no matter how hard we cranked that wood stove.

That thermometer doesn't have a metabolism :-)