Important step forward in the climate change debate...

Important step forward in the climate change debate...

...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

We want progressive technology and sustainable laws.

They want progressive laws and sustainable technology. What could be more ass-backwards.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to

I feel much safer now!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

That really sucks.

Methinks you may be misinterpreting the intent. It's not to save electricity. Since the smaller vacuum cleaners pickup less dust, there will be more dust remaining in the environment. This dust will eventually find its way into the upper atmosphere, where it will block some sunlight, and therefore reduce atmospheric heating from the sun. The net effect will be global cooling, which is currently considered (politically) desirable.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I think that was an unintended consequence!

But in this case a positive unintended consequence.

Mikek ;-)

Reply to
amdx

I'm doing my part. Every winter, the house tends to accumulate dust from the woodburner. In spring, I drag my air compressor into the house, and blow out all the dust from behind the bookshelves, furniture, computers, etc. I have to wear a face mask and goggles. I then let it settle to the carpet, where my industrial size shop vacuum cleaner picks up the accumulated dust. Were I forced to use an under powered vacuum cleaner, much of this dust will be left on the carpet, where it will eventually be released into the atmosphere. Global cooling will surely follow.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

[SMIRK :-] ...Jim Thompson

That's the hard way. One of my employees at GenRad did it this way...

(1) Open all windows (2) Turn on swamp cooler at max speed (3) THEN walk around house with compressor hose (4) Dust goes out windows, NOT on carper ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Would that be to boost the sales of Lucas vacuum cleaners? That is the only thing Lucas makes that doesn't suck.

Reply to
tm

Well, at least my cat does.

Bloody typical, they've gone back to metric without telling us.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.