OT: A nation of scammers (US Capitalism gone wild?)

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in news:TMUln.19521$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.iad:

480i is better than no TV at all.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

MOSFETs and capacitors act this way, too.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Gotta take a pass on that. I use so little that even the smallest=20 bottles are spoiling before i get more than halfway through them.

Reply to
JosephKK

theives

truth

I'd

people

Heinz

That reminds me, time and time again i cannot get through to people=20 when the megapak is higher price per unit (usually ounce) than the=20 regular package. This frequently occurs with meats.

Reply to
JosephKK

I've seen signs stating $1 each, or $15 a dozen and watched people pick up a dozen.

My best deal recently was 24, 12 oz bottles of sugar free syrup for $2. That is 8.33 cents a bottle. Half (one case) will go to my diabetic dad, and the rest will probably last me till it goes bad.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Obama's health care plan

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

When they call I tell them I'm a 100% Disabled Veteran (The truth) and ask what help they can offer me.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

You should reply with "Physician, heal thyself!" ;-)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

tion,

d no

ated

pt of

r,

ir

ments

Water is getting expensive too. My utility bill says I used 1 cubic foot of water at $1.06 per cubic foot. But then they add on the charge of reading the meter of $5.16, so the total comes to $6.16. Now if they would only read the meter every 6 months, I could save $25.50 in meter reading charges.

Must be a good job reading meters. It might take 3 minutes to make 5 bucks.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

The most ethical congress...

Reply to
krw

With US TV broadcast quality that is debatable.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

I haven't used any ketchup in over 40 years. I never liked the taste. I love tomatoes, but ketchup always made my sick to my stomach.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

I have my own well & pump so I only pay for the electricity to lift it from the Florida Auquifer.

They just drive down the street and read it through their RF links. My electric bill for last month was $64.93.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

.

Let's say the subdivision is comprised of 1/4-acre lots each having

125-foot sides facing the street. In one mile, that's 5280/125 =3D ~42 homes Home on both sides of the street, so that raises the figure to ~ 84 homes

Assume now that the meter reader is traveling at 25 mph down the street. He'll pass (84 x 25) or ~2,100 homes in an hour. Multiply this by the meter reading fee of $5.16 for a whopping $10,836.00 for an hours' worth of work*

*work defined loosely perhaps, as sitting in a confortable air- conditioned vehicle listening to your favorite radio stations.

Note: I don't know how fast those meter-reading trucks can go and still capture the data. So, adjust accordingly if 25 mph is inappropriate.

Reply to
mpm

Yep. Using two smaller ones retards spoilage. :-)

And it's cheaper. Makes sense, if you think about it.

A single part that's tougher is harder to make, worth more for that reason, and saves on assembly cost, so I'm willing to pay. OTOH, you just can't match the thermal performance of having double the surface area... a dilemma. Or, for us, that's just more options, more degrees of freedom.

Electronics is fun.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

..

es

it

lation,

had no

flated

cept of

om

cer,

hat

so a

heir

rements

h)

Greetings Bill! The pay's even better than that. The new ones all have a little r.f. link, so the reader-guy just drives past 'em, and his reader sucks in the data from afar.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Just for the record, ketchup doesn't have to be tomato, there are a variety of non-tomato ketchups as well... I like it, but only on certain things, like the occasional fry!

If you don't like ketchup, try Marania (is that spelled right, plain pasta sauce...) instead of tomator ketchup, I like that much better.

Reply to
PeterD

Happened the other day, large was more than two smalls, and two smalls had more product than the large as well. A double win!

Reply to
PeterD

That stuff will *never* go bad.

Reply to