OT: A desperate cry for help from Germany

Fertility goes down when women get an education. Do you want to keep girls away from school?

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

More of the kids that are born survive to become adults if the mothers have been properly educated. There more going on than just an adjustment in fertility.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

There is a wealth of evidence to show that education of women correlates well with the size of their families.

These days, that tends to take precedent over infant survivability.

Mike Perkins

You seem to be new here so I'll give you a valuable tip: Sloman is notorious here for being totally impervious not just to reason, but to categorical evidence as well. You will *never* convince him to shift his opinions no matter what you post. Trust me on that.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The *best* people aren't allowed within a million miles of the Presidency. The shadow government which comprises the likes of Soros and Kissinger - those who really run things from behind the scenes - want mere puppets who will sell their souls for money and prestige. People they can buy. The very last thing they want are independent thinkers who might actually make a positive difference; that's not in their interest. This is why Hillary, for all her terrible flaws, is still their preferred candidate.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

That's the year Henry Ford decided to pay his workers $5/day for 5 days/week and only 8 hours/day which made it possible for his factory workers to buy the products they made and have enough free time to use them.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

No, I didn't hear it but most of his speeches are pretty good. The polling should be fairly accurate this week since they want to look good and maintain credibility this close to the election. Early polling can be "oversampled" to favor Hillary, but not in the final days. Comey may be looking for a new job if Hillary wins.

.
Reply to
billbowden

Since Cursitor Doom has never tried to persuade me with "catagorical evidence" of anything, his opinion isn't exactly trustworthy.

When he does post links to what he thinks is evidence, it's mostly to the Daily Express.

The link to infant mortality above is one that I posted, probably in another thread (since I can't find it in this one).

Quite why Mike Perkins thinks that it supports his point of view escapes me. It doesn't cover average family size, which is what Mike Perkins claims to be telling us about.

So Cursitor Doom can't even recognise the absence of categorical evidence when its right under his nose.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yeah, and then the jew, oops Dodge brothers sued him because they thought t hey should get more dividends. And now, because that suit created case law, and publicly traded company must have things built in China if it results in more profits ad therefore dividends. (notice the word jew not capitalise d, that means I am not referring to the people specifically, although they were, incidentally, of that lineage)

That lawsuit is what pushed many mid skill jobs out of this country and now we have a damnear permanent underclass of minimum wage workers. This effec t is aided by the poor education system and other societal influences like bad Parenting and peer pressure to "keep it real" and to be cool.

That is progress.

Reply to
jurb6006

But the investors pay huge taxes and reinvest their money and that creates really amazing jobs and then everything becomes great again. Plus, the Dodges had more horsepower and sliding gear transmissions and they were very rugged so we were able to stop Pancho Villa from coming across the border and selling drugs and raping and being undocumented and making anchor babies.

So it all worked out in the end and the US became a very famous country with lots of freedoms.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

The fat lady has sung, and the swamp is beginning to drain.

Reply to
billbowden

Oh, no, the water won't crest for another couple of months.

Reply to
krw

Hillary pointed out that half of Donald Trump's supports were deplorable racists - that's about a quarter of your fellow citizens, not half. She didn't say anything about their attitude to social security

It didn't sound like it at the time. And if Hillary Clinton were a royalist - which is implausible - she'd want to be queen, rather than king. The surgical intervention required to make her a king would be tedious and significant.

Taxation isn't theft, and there was no suggestion that Donald Trump's supporters had enough money to make them worth taxing.

James Arthur's straw men are remarkably implausible.

Only if you parse her rhetoric with James Arthur's carefully re-educated brain.

The voters have selected an electoral college. Since the founding tax evaders seems to have designed the electoral college to block demagogues from the presidency, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Whether Donald Trump will "drain the swap" has to be seen. His history makes him one of the more toxic elements of the swamp, and what he has promised to do isn't going to do anything good for the US economy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Well, Trump may not drain the swamp right away but he sure sent the markets higher. My healthcare mutual fund SWHFX gained 7.45% in two days. I can use some more of that.

Reply to
billbowden

ts

se

The stock market may be reacting to Republican majorities in both the Senat e and House of Representatives. Curious, because the US economy does worse under Republicans, but then again rich Americans do better under Republican administrations, at least vis-a-vis poorer Americans.

Germany is probably a better long-term role model - improving the productiv ity of the working class by keeping them healthy and educating them enthusi astically does seem to work, but German collects 45% of GDP in taxes, and t he US only 30% (and less of that from the rich).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to