Ooooh, trippy! But I think my house is haunted

Again, you are not clear. Is that too small a diameter or too short a length?

The last time I had my ears looked at after discussing my hearing, the doctor wanted me to clean my ears with special stuff because of the wax he saw. Later I realized he was not seeing wax on my ear drum. He was looking at my ear canal. A long time ago I found out my ear canal is very curved. Doctors have trouble getting the inspection scope in there to see the ear drum.

At 20 kHz sound wavelength is 17 mm or about two thirds of an inch. At

10 kHz it is twice that. I don't think the frequency range I need to hear (human voice) is much impacted by the shape of my ear canal.
--

Rick C
Reply to

Yes ;)

Too narrow in my case.

Over here the "special stuff" is any cooking oil for a week. Then the ears are syringed with a pulsating water jet by generic nurses, or in extreme cases, suction tweezers under using microscope in a local audiology centre.

I find a daily immersive hot bath followed by reaming out my ears with toilet paper is sufficient :)

OTOH "Otex" (urea hydrogen peroxide) is disliked and distrusted over here, since it can cause problems.There's circumstantial evidence it did for me.

That's the kind of variation that doesn't surprise me.

I don't have an explanation for that. "My" explanation came from the audiologist after fitting. It is not inconceivable that he is wrong.

Reply to
Tom Gardner