pcb fab house

I am looking for a fab house for pc boards. I have graduated from PCB Express (or is it Express PCB?) into PADS. I will be looking for prototype quantities mainly 4 layers with route-able inner layers. Heavy copper >4oz would be good.

I am not looking for the most inexpensive, I just want a fair price.

If you have a house you use and like please pass it on.

Thank you. Bob

Reply to
Yzordderrex

We use Cirexx and Gorilla for production stuff.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I use PCBWay for that stuff. Dunno if they have heavy copper. Pro tip: definitely buy their stainless steel stencils--they're cheap and come mounted to bulletproof aluminum weldments.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I use E-teknet in Arizona. Boards made in China, of course, but they have their own people in house to do QC. Not the cheapest, but they can do fairly difficult boards (6 layer and pretty small line/space) with no trouble. I've had them do several hundred different boards, and thousands of units, and REALLY close to zero defects.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Here is what I have been using lately. For production and quick-turn: Advanced Circuits

For prototypes: PCBWay

I've been very happy with both. I will say that the quality on 2-layer boards at PCBWay is a bit on the low end, don't push the limits with via sizes and trace/space there.

PCBWay also pissed me off a couple times when they didn't honor my soldermask layer and made up their own for some reason with zero relief from the pads!

Advanced Circuits has always been very professional and easy to work with.

Reply to
DemonicTubes

Right I was going to say we use advanced circuits, They do heavy copper, we used 2 oz or 4 oz for some magnet shim coils. No problems.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I have been using

which was originally zoompcb. They have

2-sided 5" square prototypes for $15 each. I have also used
and
Next time I may try
for prototypes. 5 boards for $5 total plus a $5 coupon is hard to beat!

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

Wow! Thank you VERY much!

Reply to
Robert Baer

4 oz copper ? that's massive.... and you're going to get hit on price big time..
TTman

Thanks a lot for the input. I'll mull them over and try a few.

Reply to
Yzordderrex